ADVERTISEMENT

Tavaras Hardy out at Loyola(Maryland)

gocatsgo2003

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2006
Not sure an NU reunion is in order unless Battle (brother gone he gone?) or Lowery (greener pastures?) are gone, but best of luck to him. Great guy, not great head coach results ((66-110)/(38-66)).

If NU has room for him and there's mutual interest, I hope they can make it happen, but my guess is he'll find something a little higher up the food chain. On the other hand, joining your alma mater in the wake of back-to-back NCAA tourneys isn't a bad gig at all! And with Boo gone, NU will surely need Hardy's recruiting prowess.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Was rooting for him to succeed, but could never break into the top half of the conference during his 6 seasons. Most promising year they started 11-6 (5-1) with Cam Spencer as a junior, but lost 10 of final 13 games. Last two years they were one of the worst teams in D1. Hopefully he's able to get back as an assistant somewhere.

Not sure an NU reunion is in order unless Battle (brother gone he gone?) or Lowery (greener pastures?) are gone, but best of luck to him. Great guy, not great head coach results ((66-110)/(38-66)).

Don’t think they’ll be any reunion as IIRC He was offered the top assistant job when Collins first got to Evanston, but chose to take another job.

Don’t think they’ll be any reunion as IIRC He was offered the top assistant job when Collins first got to Evanston, but chose to take another job.

He stayed on at NU for Collins’ first year before moving to Georgetown.

Nope , Maybe he was there in the beginning, but I remember correctly it was Baldwin gates and James as our primary assistants for collins first year.

Fair. Just looked it up. It was announced that he was staying in April 2013 then his Georgetown move was announced in June. Never actually coached at NU in 2013, my mistake.

Fair. Just looked it up. It was announced that he was staying in April 2013 then his Georgetown move was announced in June. Never actually coached at NU in 2013, my mistake.
And that’s how you command more than a word. Come to the game tomorrow and come have a drink with me - promise I won’t bite or ruin your path to heaven.

How many years sooner does BC get canned if he doesn’t hire TH to save his recruiting operation?
This is an interesting question.

Undoubtedly, BC would have been gone sooner without Hardy. Probably about 5-6 years sooner.

Another interesting question arises from this alternative history: if Cobb’s 50-50 shot against Minnesota in 2012 goes in and we win the game, then we likely would have made the tournament in 2012.

Would Jimmy Phillips still have fired BC to recruit CCC home two seasons later if that were the case? Would CCC have stayed an assistant until Coach K retired and replaced him (instead of Schierer)? Or would CCC have left for a different head coach opportunity instead of Northwestern, eventually?

Fans wanna know.

This is an interesting question.

Undoubtedly, BC would have been gone sooner without Hardy. Probably about 5-6 years sooner.

Another interesting question arises from this alternative history: if Cobb’s 50-50 shot against Minnesota in 2012 goes in and we win the game, then we likely would have made the tournament in 2012.

Would Jimmy Phillips still have fired BC to recruit CCC home two seasons later if that were the case? Would CCC have stayed an assistant until Coach K retired and replaced him (instead of Schierer)? Or would CCC have left for a different head coach opportunity instead of Northwestern, eventually?

Fans wanna know.

No Hardy = No Cobb

Stop moving the basket.

• Haha
Reactions: IGNORE2 and drewjin
No Hardy = No Cobb

Stop moving the basket.
What basket was moved? I agreed immediately that BC would have been gone years before if he hadn’t hired Hardy or other key assistants that could recruit.

Would our defense be as good if CCC hadn’t recruited Lowery, or had lost out on him and hired someone else? Would Boo be as good as he is now without McIntosh and Battle on staff? Does James deserve the credit for Nicholson’s turnaround, or a different assistant, or his own tutors in the offseason?

Fans wanna know!

I went back and looked at Carmody's assistant coaches. I had forgotten some of those names.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT