ADVERTISEMENT

Wyatt Blake

loyolacat

Gold Member
Oct 21, 2006
Article in the NW Herald today on the area lineman working out together over break and in the article WYatt Blake mentioned that the staff wants him to switch officially to the D-Line...and get DOWN to around 290. and he is excited as he thinks he can more quickly move up the depth chart..Curious if there are going to be any other position changes?

Article in the NW Herald today on the area lineman working out together over break and in the article WYatt Blake mentioned that the staff wants him to switch officially to the D-Line...and get DOWN to around 290. and he is excited as he thinks he can more quickly move up the depth chart..Curious if there are going to be any other position changes?

He already is listed as a DL and played there all of last season.

This is directly from the article
Blake recently learned that the Wildcats coaching staff wants him to switch to defensive line He will be a tackle-at 2-I as he calls it, lining up on the inside shoulder of an offensive guard. He may get on the field quicker by changing sides. "I want to move up the depth chart" said Blake, who played some defensive line as a senior at Central. " This is my first off season as a D-lineman, So I need to learn a bunch of stuff.I've never really trained as a D-Lineman before. I kind of need to know ho to do that. And just fight for playing time" Blake siad Northwestern's coaches would like to see him at 285 to 290 pounds on the defensive line, so he will be on diet this spring. The article is by Joe Stevenson the papers Sports Editor and in todays NW Herald. His email is JOESTEVENSON@SHAWMEDIA.COM if you would like to correct him........and I did see Wyatt a couple of times , end of the year...when the D-line was decimated.

This is directly from the article
Blake recently learned that the Wildcats coaching staff wants him to switch to defensive line He will be a tackle-at 2-I as he calls it, lining up on the inside shoulder of an offensive guard. He may get on the field quicker by changing sides. "I want to move up the depth chart" said Blake, who played some defensive line as a senior at Central. " This is my first off season as a D-lineman, So I need to learn a bunch of stuff.I've never really trained as a D-Lineman before. I kind of need to know ho to do that. And just fight for playing time" Blake siad Northwestern's coaches would like to see him at 285 to 290 pounds on the defensive line, so he will be on diet this spring. The article is by Joe Stevenson the papers Sports Editor and in todays NW Herald. His email is JOESTEVENSON@SHAWMEDIA.COM if you would like to correct him........and I did see Wyatt a couple of times , end of the year...when the D-line was decimated.

Correct. He moved in fall camp, so this is his first offseason as a DT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT