ADVERTISEMENT

Year 10

lunker35

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2010
I'm not saying Fitz needs to go, but things have to change. We're in year 10. All of these guys have been recruited by this staff and I really don't think talent is the problem. I'm not a football guru, but the offensive schemes we run are like CPS high school team. Thorson has a lot of talent, but isn't playing with his head and isn't playing tough. He never steps up into the pocket and rarely fights for extra yards on the run. If he can't get it done, then next man up. I never leave games early and I ended up leaving at the start of the 4th. What's worse is the pathetic crowd control people has only one exit open and it took 10 minutes to get out. I'm know this is a rage post, but I'm done with this team. That was humiliating.

Redshirt freshman often take time in conference. Iowa has experience. Northwestern has less and I think it showed.

Fitz is a good conservative, defensive minded coach. He has become more and more conservative, since his best year in 2012.

Iowa played well, especially banged up. It was 1996 in reverse.

peace

I would disagree that Fitz is s good coach. Those of us who watch him closely every week believe that he is a great face of the program guy who is passionate and recruits well. As a football coach though I think he is less than average. Poor time management, a repeated cluelessness when it comes to the feel of the game and momentum changes are but just a glaring few of his ills.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT