ADVERTISEMENT

A curmudgeon’s impossible wish for restructuring the tournament

eastbaycat99

Mar 7, 2009
Since the thought of playing a 1 or 2 seed in the second round again depresses me, I would love to see the tournament structured as 8 geographic 8 team unseeded regionals with an 8 team seeded final round.
I understand the idea of protecting the top seeds (Purdue and UConn get a first round gimme and practical second round home game), but at some point stacking the deck for the top teams is a little much. I also like the idea of a regional with easy access to all the teams playing in it. I noticed that Memphis tickets today were going for $5 and up while Brooklyn was $205 and up.

It will never happen, but I needed some handhold against the despair I feel about the deleted Cats playing UConn today!

Since the thought of playing a 1 or 2 seed in the second round again depresses me, I would love to see the tournament structured as 8 geographic 8 team unseeded regionals with an 8 team seeded final round.
I understand the idea of protecting the top seeds (Purdue and UConn get a first round gimme and practical second round home game), but at some point stacking the deck for the top teams is a little much. I also like the idea of a regional with easy access to all the teams playing in it. I noticed that Memphis tickets today were going for $5 and up while Brooklyn was $205 and up.

It will never happen, but I needed some handhold against the despair I feel about the deleted Cats playing UConn today!
Well, as long as you know it will never happen ... that's good.

Not deleted, yet.... ;)
Lol. Depleted with a typo! On the plus side, the Cats have a win against all four of the round of 32 teams they have played so far this year, and have won their last two matches with a number one team

If you’re missing the current game in the current tournament here’s what you’re missing:

1) Braden Smith’s greatness

2) The guy who got an ass-whooping in the original The Karate Kid. Plays for USU

3) The annoyance of an arena dominated by choo choo fans

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT