ADVERTISEMENT

Year in review

RhabdoWildcat

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2009
Had most of the second half to take a step back and contemplate the season.

It's been a successful year, especially considering the expectations coming into it. I'll take 10-3 anytime.

Ranked in the CFP polls nearly the entire year. Beating an academic, top 10 rival (even if they were "sleeping") during the game. Winning at Wisconsin on the road. Handing Ped State another loss with a clutch last minute field goal. Fun stuff.

The Iowa and Michigan games did expose us. As many have pointed out, we need close games, otherwise we don't have the offensive firepower to keep up. As dominant as Tennessee looked in the Outback Bowl, they didn't beat us any more soundly than Michigan or Iowa.

I don't think we'd have been 10-3 playing in the East. But we played the schedule in front of us and did well.

20-25 is where I'd rank us and it's probably where we'll end up at the end of the season.

Not sure where we go from here. Hopefully we have some surprises on offense and make some BIG strides at QB. Defense will take a small step back but hopefully still be good. A balanced NU team this year is a legitimate contender. We like to think that the prognosticators and talking heads don't watch our games or use the same old narrative but I don't think that was the case this year. They called it as they saw it, and our losses this year proved how one-sided our team was and how a game such as the Outback Bowl exposes our weakness.

Onwards to basketball season! Go 'Cats!

Reactions: rmndcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT