ADVERTISEMENT

Yikes... Bill Self may be in hot water

TheC

May 29, 2001
Adidas exec saying Self approved and even requested payments be made to at least one of his recruits in order to keep Kansas an Adidas school. I'm torn on whether these kids should be paid something or not, but regardless this is clearly illegal no matter what your opinion on the matter is and it gave Kansas an unfair advantage. I kinda' hope he gets nailed.

Adidas exec saying Self approved and even requested payments be made to at least one of his recruits in order to keep Kansas an Adidas school. I'm torn on whether these kids should be paid something or not, but regardless this is clearly illegal no matter what your opinion on the matter is and it gave Kansas an unfair advantage. I kinda' hope he gets nailed.
No proof, no foul

If the allegation is corroborated, Bill Self should be fired and Kansas should be placed on NCAA probation with no post season and loss of scholarships. The player who took the money should be done in college backetball.

If the allegation is corroborated, Bill Self should be fired and Kansas should be placed on NCAA probation with no post season and loss of scholarships. The player who took the money should be done in college backetball.
Kansas gets a slap on the wrist.
Self is magically exonerated.
Player is permanently ineligible.

And the NCAA money train continues.

Yet you continue to watch. I’ve been following non-NCAA collegiate sports much more lately.

My personal favorite is the Louisville associate head coach who gave Bowen's dad $1300 nine weeks after Louisville had been slapped pretty hard by the NCAA for prostitutes in the dorms.

I don't know how the NCAA can't consider that a big f-u to their rules. But Emmert lives in his own world.

I predict a two-game suspension during the patsy portion of the non-conference schedule. Then all will be good.

Reactions: NUCat320
Interesting... had never heard of it.

There’s also the NCCAA, which is mostly tiny Christian colleges.

Additionally, some schools have chosen to be unaffiliated. A close friend of mine is the head men’s basketball coach for an unaffiliated basketball program. They play a full schedule and operate like a clean DIII program, but don’t have to deal with all the politics and money grubbing. The con to that there’s obviously no playing for a national championship.

The big-money Division I teams are a minority of NCAA teams. There are plenty of small-college teams to watch.

I think the dreggs of cheating go deeper than the big-money school when it comes to the D1 level. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll be watching NU. But the NCAA has lots of problems. Some they’ve enabled, and some they just don’t know about.

Last edited:
I think the dreggs of cheating go deeper than the big-money school when it comes to the D1 level. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll be watching NU. But the NCAA has lots of problems. Some they’ve enabled, and some they just don’t know about.

What I meant is that there are hundreds of FCS, Division II and Division III teams. The NCAA doesn't stop with Division I.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT