ADVERTISEMENT

Zero fun

But we had to play four QBs today. That's the reason we lost, I'm sure is the narrative Fitz will extol at the post-game presser

Obviously, the Cats are bad. Obviously, major changes are required, whether the head coach wants to admit it or not. But they’re not even close to fun to watch. Bad, undisciplined football.
Teams lose games. But man, the last two years don't even offer any glimmers of hope. It's like we're playing a new sport and Fitz doesn't know how it works. He's like Fitz Lasso.

I’m driving up to the Purdue game next week from Cincinnati and I have no idea why. I’m a glutton for punishment apparently.

I basically checked out today after they first drove I’ve 4th down run failure. I have better things to do with my time than give my full attention to these games.

Reactions: IGNORE2 and drewjin
You know, honestly, for most of this week I couldn't even remember who we were playing, and I couldn't be bothered to look. I was certain it was either Minnesota or Purdue, but I knew it didn't matter.

I hate feeling this way. CFB is the only sport I care about and Northwestern is the only program. This is the least engaged I have ever felt. And most of my frustration is, with laser-like focus...directed at Fitz...it's like our ship has wrecked and our captain is doing nothing logical to get us off the island. I only watched to the end of the game today so I could see Fitz have to eat sh*t mid-field with Fleck. After watching that camera guy back into him at the Iowa game like he was a total nobody on the field who didn't matter...this part of the game has become a sick morsel of gratification for me.

I've always been annoyed about how Illinois fans basically treat the team like it doesn't exist except when they have that occasional win streak, like they did with Zook to the Rose Bowl and around the 2001-2002 era before that...but I've come to appreciate how this is just a survival mechanism.

Obviously, the Cats are bad. Obviously, major changes are required, whether the head coach wants to admit it or not. But they’re not even close to fun to watch. Bad, undisciplined football.
Bad, undisciplined, predictable, stale, and boring. NU Football has been ugly, stale, and weird even in the GOOD times.

This is the 3rd time I went to the bar during the Northwestern game this year, and the first time I didn’t as the bartender to put NU on one of the TV’s. I wanted to enjoy my beers, and the best burger in the area without getting agitated.
Smart man.The last thing you want to do is eat and watch us play football this year.You will have an ulcer by the time you leave the bar.
A sad statement of how far the program has fallen the last two years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT