ADVERTISEMENT

Zero respect for...

Earvin32

Feb 15, 2013
Wildcat fans..you were better than the Hawks Saturday..by all means, well done! I was impressed with your play and hope the best for you fans and those kids. I'm happy for you. Now, what I and my son were witness to by your assistant coaches..2 in particular, was quite sad and unnerving. I came into this game with no preconceived feelings either way for coach Fitz, his staff or his team. I've always been impressed with NW fans...I love the Chicago area too! But, the man in charge should take a step back and examine the behavior of his assistant coaches. These two guys were countlessly pointing to the Iowa fans, laughing, mocking and using language that was inexcusable. I understand that the game of football is rough and tough and motivation takes various forms but I've never had to leave a game early because the opposing teams coaching staff..Sat I needed to remove my son. My choice of course but these guys made your good university look very bad. They resembled two very young high school coaches trying to be something they weren't. I was waiting for them to grab pon pons as much jumping around as they did. This enthusiasm can be ok but their disrespect for our fans and language isn't necessary in today's game. It was real bad. Maybe they are trying to make a name for themselves who knows..but in all seriousness your University is waaaaay to good for the behavior they exhibited..they could probably also lay off the steroids. Continued success Wildcats..I m a fan of yours..NOT your coaches. Kids need good role models..they aren't getting that from your staff.

Wildcat fans..you were better than the Hawks Saturday..by all means, well done! I was impressed with your play and hope the best for you fans and those kids. I'm happy for you. Now, what I and my son were witness to by your assistant coaches..2 in particular, was quite sad and unnerving. I came into this game with no preconceived feelings either way for coach Fitz, his staff or his team. I've always been impressed with NW fans...I love the Chicago area too! But, the man in charge should take a step back and examine the behavior of his assistant coaches. These two guys were countlessly pointing to the Iowa fans, laughing, mocking and using language that was inexcusable. I understand that the game of football is rough and tough and motivation takes various forms but I've never had to leave a game early because the opposing teams coaching staff..Sat I needed to remove my son. My choice of course but these guys made your good university look very bad. They resembled two very young high school coaches trying to be something they weren't. I was waiting for them to grab pon pons as much jumping around as they did. This enthusiasm can be ok but their disrespect for our fans and language isn't necessary in today's game. It was real bad. Maybe they are trying to make a name for themselves who knows..but in all seriousness your University is waaaaay to good for the behavior they exhibited..they could probably also lay off the steroids. Continued success Wildcats..I m a fan of yours..NOT your coaches. Kids need good role models..they aren't getting that from your staff.

I challenge you to positively identify the two coaches on our roster page:

http://nusports.com/roster.aspx?path=football

There's approximately a zero chance it was an actual full-time assistant coach, about a 0.001% it was someone on the full-time football staff, and 0.2% it was a strength coach. If this event actually happened, my guess would be that it was an NU guest given sideline access.

I challenge you to positively identify the two coaches on our roster page:

http://nusports.com/roster.aspx?path=football

There's approximately a zero chance it was an actual full-time assistant coach, about a 0.001% it was someone on the full-time football staff, and 0.2% it was a strength coach. If this event actually happened, my guess would be that it was an NU guest given sideline access.
I took your challenge...not all of the coaches listed have pics. My guess would be graduate assistants.. These guys were not guests, they were coaches. Again, not meaning to be disrespectful to you fans..at all. Also not being a sore loser...their behavior should be addressed.

This is coming from someone whose extremely respectful fans were filmed for a good 5 minutes dropping F bombs and flipping the bird on live TV and then had to be asked by the PA announcer to stop throwing things on the field? You're ok with that but it was some made up actions by unnamed assistants that meant your son had to be removed? Ok then.

This is coming from someone whose extremely respectful fans were filmed for a good 5 minutes dropping F bombs and flipping the bird on live TV and then had to be asked by the PA announcer to stop throwing things on the field? You're ok with that but it was some made up actions by unnamed assistants that meant your son had to be removed? Ok then.
I'm not condoning fan behavior such as that..agree, that is completely inexcusable. We were nowhere near those fans. Fans are fans..I hold coaches to a much higher standard.

I'm not condoning fan behavior such as that..agree, that is completely inexcusable. We were nowhere near those fans. Fans are fans..I hold coaches to a much higher standard.
Likely story. This sounds like all of those brave NU fans who lost their lives visiting Columbus in the past.

I took your challenge...not all of the coaches listed have pics. My guess would be graduate assistants.. These guys were not guests, they were coaches. Again, not meaning to be disrespectful to you fans..at all. Also not being a sore loser...their behavior should be addressed.

So "no way to actually say who it was." Got it.

Guarantee whatever they might have said is NOTHING compared to what I heard on the sidelines at Kinnick directed at NU players and staff alike.

In reality, if you truly feel this is true and you feel aggrieved, feel free to email Jim Phillips. I guarantee he will both email you back AND review tapes if you narrow down the time of the game when it occurred.

Too bad you didn't use your phone to take a picture or better a video. I don't think our leadership would tolerate that kind of behavior. If you have any thing to share send it to Dr Phillips at NU.

Reactions: HappyNUyear

They were not coaches if they aren't pictured. Do not accuse our coaches of that kind of behavior if you can't even identify them.

So "no way to actually say who it was." Got it.

Guarantee whatever they might have said is NOTHING compared to what I heard on the sidelines at Kinnick directed at NU players and staff alike.

This Io_a fan reminds me of the Tennessee fan who accused NU fans of pooping on the hood of his car. Remember that loon?

Reactions: beetlemania74

My question to you is did you report this to University of Iowa Officials in the stands and point those involved out or take a photo and/or video of said alleged incident?

F*%k Off Troll.
My apologies..wasn't meaning to upset anyone over here. Maybe you guys knew the 2 coaches I was referring to? Never even thought of taking a pic..great idea. I will email Dr. Phillips. Thank you for the suggestion. Best of luck the remainder of the season!

Reactions: plevs
My apologies..wasn't meaning to upset anyone over here. Maybe you guys knew the 2 coaches I was referring to? Never even thought of taking a pic..great idea. I will email Dr. Phillips. Thank you for the suggestion. Best of luck the remainder of the season!
Just how are going to "prove" that they were on steroids? Bet if Io-a won the game you wouldn't have posted this.

My question to you is did you report this to University of Iowa Officials in the stands and point those involved out or take a photo and/or video of said alleged incident?
The Iowa Officials sit in the gated press box...:), didn't see what the original poster reported exactly, but I sit on in the east stands (visiting sideline) and the NW sideline (many staff/coach dressed types) were definitely egging on/taunting the Iowa crowd as they started to melt-down late 3rd...strategically smart? perhaps, but seemed out of character for a sideline.

I sit on in the east stands (visiting sideline) and the NW sideline (many staff/coach dressed types) were definitely egging on/taunting the Iowa crowd as they started to melt-down late 3rd...strategically smart? perhaps, but seemed out of character for a sideline.

The pink locker room finally drove our guys crazy. It's your fault. If you expect better behaviour, have the locker room painted a nice, calm color like beige or taupe. Purple's fine as well.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
The pink locker room finally drove our guys crazy. It's your fault. If you expect better behaviour, have the locker room painted a nice, calm color like beige or taupe. Purple's fine as well.
Pink is the calmest color there is, that is why they picked it...we want everyone to feel at home.

These two guys were countlessly pointing to the Iowa fans, laughing, mocking and using language that was inexcusable...

Well, the language is something that you just can't condone, especially if it's in front of a youngster's ears. But, can you really blame these guys for the natural reaction towards seeing a bunch of Ioa fans? I mean, when I rode on RAGBRAI for the first time, I have to admit I did the same thing. Couldn't help myself. But, after you get used to it, you take it in stride. In the end, Ioa people are actually quite friendly even if a bit portly, and they make some mean roasted corn and pork sandwiches.

Again, not meaning to be disrespectful to you fans..at all.

The Tile of this thread is "Zero respect for..." and is followed by the words, "Wildcat fans" in the body.

So either you are an ass-backwards troll with no ability to do it, or you killed brain cells with benders at Bo James and/or a farm implement accident. Either way, get off the Internet and learn to use an ellipses.

The Tile of this thread is "Zero respect for..." and is followed by the words, "Wildcat fans" in the body.

So either you are an ass-backwards troll with no ability to do it, or you killed brain cells with benders at Bo James and/or a farm implement accident. Either way, get off the Internet and learn to use an ellipses.

The punctuation is what bothered you?

Reactions: epicbret
Our actual coaches have no time during a game to interact with fans. They're lucky if they have enough time to interact with their own players. This doesn't excuse the behavior of others wearing purple and white, whoever they may have been.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
"Think all of the NU coaches, except for Fitz were in the press box". Maybe it was Dr. Phillips or President Shapiro.

Reactions: ubercat
Wondering if Earvin32 is the bozo who called himself 'northwestern guy'.

Not only that, what self-respecting Io_a fan uses Earvin Johnson 32 for his user name? Does the OP know Magic went to MSU?

Or maybe this is Spartan foreplay

Please lose every game the rest of the season, my new Hog Eye friend.

I seriously doubt it was one of our coaches. Watching on TV, I recall thinking that there were a lot of non players on the sidelines. They had NU gear on, so I would expect them to represent the University accordingly. This may be a troll, but dismissing allegations blindly is for PSU.

I seriously doubt it was one of our coaches. Watching on TV, I recall thinking that there were a lot of non players on the sidelines. They had NU gear on, so I would expect them to represent the University accordingly. This may be a troll, but dismissing allegations blindly is for PSU.

Allegations of gloating and cussing out Io_a fans? Ooh my my so serious! These are maaaaajor allegations. If you can't tell Hog Eyes where to go after beating 'Em, what's the point of winning? Winning with dignity huh? 'Hope we didn't hurt your boys too bad' put this series way past 'dignified.'

Geez 'allegations' huh? Ha ha.

Allegations of gloating and cussing out Io_a fans? Ooh my my so serious! These are maaaaajor allegations. If you can't tell Hog Eyes where to go after beating 'Em, what's the point of winning? Winning with dignity huh? 'Hope we didn't hurt your boys too bad' put this series way past 'dignified.'

Geez 'allegations' huh? Ha ha.
NW Fans, true...I fully admit the beginning of my post sounded poor.. saying I had zero respect for....and beginning my post with..Wildcat fans. That was pretty idiotic of me. I am an Iowa fan who repects college sports and your university. I was not meaning to cut you or your players down. I was just saying the behavior of these two young coaches was inappropriate. These young guys were dressed as staff/coaches and were very active with the players on the sideline..leading cheers etc. It was their language and inproper interaction with fans that I didnt feel necessary...in fact,it was tastless. Not what I'd expect from coaches leading our youth. Some of our Ia fans acted poor too...Im not saying they didnt. I understand that. Best of luck to you guys.

Reactions: plevs
Maybe recruits, injured players or non-travel players who made the trip (assuming there are players who don't travel)?

NW Fans, true...I fully admit the beginning of my post sounded poor.. saying I had zero respect for....and beginning my post with..Wildcat fans. That was pretty idiotic of me. I am an Iowa fan who repects college sports and your university. I was not meaning to cut you or your players down. I was just saying the behavior of these two young coaches was inappropriate. These young guys were dressed as staff/coaches and were very active with the players on the sideline..leading cheers etc. It was their language and inproper interaction with fans that I didnt feel necessary...in fact,it was tastless. Not what I'd expect from coaches leading our youth. Some of our Ia fans acted poor too...Im not saying they didnt. I understand that. Best of luck to you guys.

Look, I believe it happened, but if they're leading cheers on the sidelines, they're NOT coaches or grad assistants. They're likely student assistants; maybe injured players but I doubt it..

What did they even say that got so under your skin you needed to post on an NU fan board after the game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT