ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone watching this Illinois game?

I did watch the games, outside of a half versus IU. Didn’t play their best, but other teams also played well.
Indinana has lost 10 of 11 hames, even worse than our stretch. Which is more likely-- that their one win, on the road at Michigan Stste, where MSU never loses, was a function of Indiana's good play, or MSU's poor play? You watched a half, you can figure it out....

Indinana has lost 10 of 11 hames, even worse than our stretch. Which is more likely-- that their one win, on the road at Michigan Stste, where MSU never loses, was a function of Indiana's good play, or MSU's poor play? You watched a half, you can figure it out....
Never did I refer to that game in particular. Every team has bad halves or games, but at what point do other teams deserve credit for playing well and forcing MSU to play below their potential? Isn’t just always MSU playing bad.

Never did I refer to that game in particular. Every team has bad halves or games, but at what point do other teams deserve credit for playing well and forcing MSU to play below their potential? Isn’t just always MSU being playing bad.
No. There are some games where both teams play well, There are others where one tesm plays well, and the other poorly. Then there are games where both teams play poorly...

No. There are some games where both teams play well, There are others where one tesm plays well, and the other poorly. Then there are games where both teams play poorly...
We will agree to a certain extent, and disagree to a certain extent. As long as you never assume I support a school where Larry Nassar was employed, I can respect your opinion! Just frustrated like all NU fans probably are at the moment. Go Cats.

Reactions: mikewebb68
You see things how you want to see them, but in reality, that offense that is "not remotely suited to their personnel" has scored more than 1 PPP 6 times in their last 7 games. Also, this Penn State loss will absolutely become a Quad 3 loss by the end of the season and we still have zero Quad 1 wins.

Still think that Penn State loss will "absolutely" become a Quad 3 loss by the end of the season?

Dude, there were a ridic number of posts on here about how terrible Penn State was. From people whom you would otherwise expect to be knowledgeable about BIG teams, it was laughable.
I mean they were 0-10. You’ve written a ridiculous number of posts trying to defend your dumb comment that MSU was playing like the worst team in the conference for a period of time, which was an indefensible comment. From someone that one would expect to otherwise to be knowledgeable about B1G teams, it is quite laughable. Yet still you persist.

Last edited:
Still think that Penn State loss will "absolutely" become a Quad 3 loss by the end of the season?
Does it really matter at this point? We're the worst team in the Big 10, IU, PSU and Illinois all have multiple wins over top-5 teams in the conference, and we went 1-2 against Nebraska and Rutgers, both of whom have better wins than us. For any NU fan to be talking trash against any other team in the conference is ludicrous at this point.

Does it really matter at this point? We're the worst team in the Big 10, IU, PSU and Illinois all have multiple wins over top-5 teams in the conference, and we went 1-2 against Nebraska and Rutgers, both of whom have better wins than us. For any NU fan to be talking trash against any other team in the conference is ludicrous at this point.
Exactly. You are what your record says you are, and NU's record is the worst in the B1G. Sad.

I mean they were 0-10. You’ve written a ridiculous number of posts trying to defend your dumb comment that MSU was playing like the worst team in the conference for a period of time, which was an indefensible comment. From someone that one would expect to otherwise to be knowledgeable about B1G teams, it is quite laughable. Yet still you persist.

Count up those posts about MSU-- theu might be less than you think! And I watched all three games-- hard to see how an objective person could not say they played terribly. Did you watch the games?

And PSU now has a NET ranking of 50, better than some NCAA bubble teams. I stated at the time that they were not terrible-- and what do you know, I was correct.

It matters to me, since a bunch of people on this board attacked me when I stated that, having watched Penn St. play many times, that they were not a terrible team. I wasn't talking about our team, so the rest of your post is irrelevent? And link to my trash talking about anyone other than Illinois, who rightly deserves to the trash talked 365 days out of the year?

Exactly. You are what your record says you are, and NU's record is the worst in the B1G. Sad.

12-15 >>>> 10-18. Even in what I am hearing some posters call one of out worst years in program history (?!?) the lolIllini will have to work very hard to have a better record than us. Now THAT'S sad!!!

12-15 >>>> 10-18. Even in what I am hearing some posters call one of out worst years in program history (?!?) the lolIllini will have to work very hard to have a better record than us. Now THAT'S sad!!!
Can't compare OOC records. The only valid comparison is within the conference. Even there the schedules aren't identical.

3 <<< 6.

Last <<< Ninth

I'd take 9th with 10 total wins over dead last with 12 any day of the week.

Reactions: julescat

NU had the #323 OOC SOS per KenPom....

Either way you’re splitting hairs. Neither team is good....

Can't compare OOC records. The only valid comparison is within the conference. Even there the schedules aren't identical.

3 <<< 6.

Last <<< Ninth

I'd take 9th with 10 total wins over dead last with 12 any day of the week.

OK, Illini fan.

Count up those posts about MSU-- theu might be less than you think! And I watched all three games-- hard to see how an objective person could not say they played terribly. Did you watch the games?

And PSU now has a NET ranking of 50, better than some NCAA bubble teams. I stated at the time that they were not terrible-- and what do you know, I was correct.
It was a while back so I’m not sure, but I believe I watched 1.5 of them. Def saw the MSU Indiana game. In my judgment, they did not at all look like the worst team in the conference. My main point though is that I don’t understand why we are still talking about this. Which I am contributing to by responding to you, so I will stop.

I will take your definition of psychotic over rooting for Illinois...

It's unseemly and counterproductive to pick on them when we're below them in the conference standings. They also seem to be on the upward swing whereas some of us are bracing for an even worse year next year.

It's unseemly and counterproductive to pick on them when we're below them in the conference standings. They also seem to be on the upward swing whereas some of us are bracing for an even worse year next year.
No.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT