ADVERTISEMENT

Big10 0-1 in NCAA

Ohio St, plays in the Big Ten and Loyola, where again? Somewhere in a valley, I've heard.
Loyola (ranked in the Top 20 in the polls; 20 divided by 4 is 5, not 8) plays in the NCAA Tournament and Ohio St. heads home.

Great.... now Purdue is gearing up to be the next BIG embarrassment.

• Angry
Reactions: drewjin
Unless I'm mistaken the conferences don't have specific refs. Think they all work all conferences , across the country.
This year the Big Ten paid officials to only ref Big Ten games. Didn’t want anything spread from other conferences that didn’t handle the virus as well.

Tied game, 20 seconds left, UNT with the ball.

Purdue might survive, but this sure isn't the position they want to be in at the end of the game.

Tied game, 20 seconds left, UNT with the ball.

Purdue might survive, but this sure isn't the position they want to be in at the end of the game.
Williams is a fun player. Old school.

Also, running out of time, again.

Last edited:
Maybe the Summit and C-USA are just better than they’ve gotten credit for.
That’s not denying the B1G being overrated.

In any case, this is how win and go home goes. In playoff series the story would probably be different. But it’s beautiful this way.

I said I’d root for the B1G teams butwhen The games start it’s pretty damn hard to not root for the underdog

Reactions: SmellyCat
That’s not denying the B1G being overrated.

In any case, this is how win and go home goes. In playoff series the story would probably be different. But it’s beautiful this way.

I said I’d root for the B1G teams butwhen The games start it’s pretty damn hard to not root for the underdog
I was just being silly. Terrible day for the B1G.

I was planning on riding Purdue’s home court advantage to the finals...so now I get to root for fun games.

Maybe the Summit and C-USA are just better than they’ve gotten credit for.
C-USA has won their share of first-round games. In fact, they have won them more often than not in recent years. Take a look.

The top 4 teams in that conference are usually strong, but the bottom teams just kill their computer rankings.

Western Kentucky deserved to make the tourney, IMO. Their victories over Alabama and Memphis are better non-conference wins than some of these Big Ten teams. They lost a close one to UNT in the CUSA Tourney final so they get to go to the NIT. Turns out UNT is kind of tough.

C-USA has won their share of first-round games. In fact, they have won them more often than not in recent years. Take a look.

The top 4 teams in that conference are usually strong, but the bottom teams just kill their computer rankings.

Western Kentucky deserved to make the tourney, IMO. Their victories over Alabama and Memphis are better non-conference wins than some of these Big Ten teams. They lost a close one to UNT in the CUSA Tourney final so they get to go to the NIT. Turns out UNT is kind of tough.
Good chance Western KY has the best player not in the tournament. Debatable but might.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
And La Tech knocked off top seed Ole Miss in the NIT. CUSA is now undefeated in the post-season. They deserved an at-large bid in the NCAAs over Michigan State.

The NET ranking is a flawed metric that is biased against the mid-majors. Western Kentucky's NET ranking is about 30 spots worse than their RPI.

What a play by Rutgers.

Clemson, in the huddle: “We’re not fouling?”

Not the first time I've seen a Matt Painter team underperform in the tourney. I don't know what he does in the way of prep, but he might want to look at some things.

A couple of big black eyes for the league, but the B1G was fun this year. Had a couple of teams upset, but we also had two teams that were 10-10 in the league win against higher seeds.

• Love
Reactions: drewjin
Not the first time I've seen a Matt Painter team underperform in the tourney. I don't know what he does in the way of prep, but he might want to look at some things.

A couple of big black eyes for the league, but the B1G was fun this year. Had a couple of teams upset, but we also had two teams that were 10-10 in the league win against higher seeds.
Have the champ come from the B1G and the first round losses won’t mean much. As lunker said, every team in the tourney has proven to be a good team.

Illinois did exactly as expected. Michigan and Iowa were the next best teams.

Big Ten is still well positioned to have three of the final eight — just not 5 or 6 of the sweet 16, as many expected.

This year the Big Ten paid officials to only ref Big Ten games. Didn’t want anything spread from other conferences that didn’t handle the virus as well.
Thanks. I didn't know that but they will likely go back to non specific conference refs after the virus is gone., right?

Ohio St, plays in the Big Ten and Loyola, where again? Somewhere in a valley, I've heard.

There's no doubt that Loyola got shafted by the committee. Probably deserved a 5 or 6.
But then they gave Wichita State a play-in game after they won their conference over Houston, who got a 2 seed. That is ludicrous on its face.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
Well, you got one right, but that Wisconsin call doesn't look so good...
Absolute obliteration of North Carolina by the Badgers.

Some teams show up, others choke. The Badgers showed up. The Buckeyes choked.
Kind of a push the first day. Had NTU over Purdue and Oral Robert’s over OSU. Spread. Lost Colgate and Cleveland State with spread.

There's no doubt that Loyola got shafted by the committee. Probably deserved a 5 or 6.
But then they gave Wichita State a play-in game after they won their conference over Houston, who got a 2 seed. That is ludicrous on its face.
Houston was the best team in that conference.

I also find that officials from other conferences don’t understand basic goaltending rules. #neverforget

still hurts.

northwestern-gonzaga-goaltending-play.gif

Houston was the best team in that conference.

In your opinion, sure. Based on the available facts, Wichita State was approximately as good as Houston. I'm objecting to one team being a 2 seed and the other getting a play-in game 11 seed.

As stated and re-iterated, that is ludicrous on its face.

If its all subjective opinion, Why bother playing the games?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT