ADVERTISEMENT

Can we get a little realistic?

Let’s save this for when we have signed commits so we can revisit.
I don't need to save my opinion for later, Regardless of who we recruit, it is not the end of the world that we didn't get a 3-star that no one on this board ever heard of until Haywood brought up his name. He's not going to Harvard to be an All-American basketbal player. Losing Bam was a HUGE deal. Losing thus guy when we have three 6'10" guys already is nowhere near huge, imo.

I don't need to save my opinion for later, Regardless of who we recruit, it is not the end of the world that we didn't get a 3-star that no one on this board ever heard of until Haywood brought up his name. He's not going to Harvard to be an All-American basketbal player. Losing Bam was a HUGE deal. Losing thus guy when we have three 6'10" guys already is nowhere near huge, imo.
Losing any recruit is certainly not the end of the world but this program has zero positive momentum right now.

Reactions: IGNORE
Like Goode? He's been offered and has visited. Or Berry and Hopkins? Same thing. I tend to focus on those players, sorry if that somehow offends you!

mike to be fair - ajogbar was very highly sought after by the NU staff, visited on an official, and had a scholarship offer. coming from nigeria originally, he was a very high academic kid and harvard academics spoke to him louder than big ten basketball.

i agree its time to move on but also fair to have people interested in the prospect regardless of what 247 said

My opinion...

On this board we haven't sufficiently built into the recruiting evaluation the new state of transfers and graduate transfers. Think about what it was like the year Collins got hired. Think how it is now. And ask yourself how Collins is doing at a school that makes academic qualifier sound like dirty words.

Transfers are a much bigger part of recruiting and Collins is doing great with it.

I hope the code language Haywood is using on 2021 is correct. It would be unbelievable. It would be as crazy insane as following up the first NCAA tournament by sending the troops to the Rosemont Horizon....but in a good way.

mike to be fair - ajogbar was very highly sought after by the NU staff, visited on an official, and had a scholarship offer. coming from nigeria originally, he was a very high academic kid and harvard academics spoke to him louder than big ten basketball.

i agree its time to move on but also fair to have people interested in the prospect regardless of what 247 said
Understood, just objected to the poster who was claiming that this one recruiting loss was a major, major issue, which it is not, imo. To me, the Bam decommit was major, and this is not.

Why do you care about him so much? He was ranked 171 in the 247 composite-- even if we did offer (and this article doesn't say we offered him, either), he would have been one of the lowest-ranked recruits we offered. And it is not in a position of need, so again, meh...

Well, hope you saw this coming. Give us your best lemonade twist here. If you weren’t excited about the guy ranked 171 and our top big man target, how do you feel about CCC signing his lower target who ranks outside the top 200?

I’m glad to get someone on the board. That said, last couple weeks plus Bam have shown us the strength of current NU recruiting.

Well, hope you saw this coming. Give us your best lemonade twist here. If you weren’t excited about the guy ranked 171 and our top big man target, how do you feel about CCC signing his lower target who ranks outside the top 200?.
Always nice to beat Ball State and Toledo for a recruit.

Especially after losing one to Harvard and another to VaTech.
Harvard is a better degree than NU. Kid's going to make a lot of dough when he graduates.

VaTech is a better basketball school in a better league. No shame in losing a kid from VA to Tech.

Reminder that Bam was ranked outside the top 100 when he initially committed...

That you never heard of him is just you not paying attention.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT