ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU vs. MSU

Yep I think we deserve to lose when we give up 20 an a designed QB run in 3rd and 14. Literally all they had to do was get one stop to try to get the ball back for the O before halftime.

What has happened to our vaunted defence it's amazing they r just running and throwing all over this group

Yep I think we deserve to lose when we give up 20 an a designed QB run in 3rd and 14. Literally all they had to do was get one stop to try to get the ball back for the O before halftime.
3rd and 13 here. Can we stop them this time?

If we can hold them to no points here and revert to our mean in the 2nd half, we are good. That means we start winning the TO battle and stopping the run. Then letting sky team do what they do.

Ramsey is off, no running game and D is playing on their heels instead of putting pressure on MSU. Maybe if we got a score before halftime I’d se we have a chance but I don’t see the offense being able to fix this today, at least enough to outscore MSU by more than 11 points in the second half.

Anyone else see those stadium angles on TV, and think, “I’m so glad that virtually nobody is there to see this.”

That said, there is a whole second half to play. Maybe that wake up alarm Fitz was tweeting about will go off?

That was a putrid first half performance by the Cats all around. Now we got to pitch a second half shutout and score at least 2 TD's. Definitely possible but we got to play a lot better, especially on offense.

Ramsey is off, no running game and D is playing on their heels instead of putting pressure on MSU. Maybe if we got a score before halftime I’d se we have a chance but I don’t see the offense being able to fix this today, at least enough to outscore MSU by more than 11 points in the second half.
Let's at least see how we do on our opening drive of the 2nd half.

Alright. Not great. But I think if we can get a score coming out (our start of half scripted drives have been good) it’s a game. Really wanted points there at the end....

Have we somehow been thrown back into 2019 when we had no offense and our quarterback didn't look very good at our defense was just average

We're going to need a big second half from Ramsey, and he's capable of doing it.

Hate to say it but the pressure of being #8 and all the national hype has proved to much for them. Let's hope they can overcome in the second half. Fitz is a great halftime coach so I am optimistic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT