ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU vs. MSU

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
A win today gives the Cats the West division title for the second time in three years.

It looks like we will probably see Rocky Lombardi behind center for the Spartans.

And the whole GameDay crew backed the Fighting Rece Davises today.

You can see the pain on Corso's face while picking Northwestern.

Reactions: DaCat
It looks like we will probably see Rocky Lombardi behind center for the Spartans.

I want to see our defenders go full Gazilla on Lombardi or whoever else they put back there.

580f34e0329b8.image.jpg

#8!

Got some confidence, even though NU is forever making cliffhangers out of every game.

It's a little more than that. He's got a grudge against NU that goes back to the '90s and a little flap with Barnett.
I know. I just didn’t want to make my usual comments about the equine features of his face.

There's the play I started with in my "Why It Worked - Wisconsin" thread. Bunch right, spacing concept...Ramsey read it well when nothing was there to take off and run.

Running game still has problems.

Hopefully we can figure some things out over the course of the game.

Reactions: drewjin
Same old Sam old no run blocking 2 shots To get one yd and couldn't do it

I would have rather sen a punt to pin them deep. as it is they gained field possession on the first series even with the three and out.

Drive ruined because yet another sideways run by Anderson on short yardage. All it takes is one bad play call

Drive ruined because yet another sideways run by Anderson on short yardage. All it takes is one bad play call
It's not Anderson's fault that they called a sideways run.

Line up in the I-formation and just plow forward...

Strange sequence there...not sure why you run an Iso play but don't have anyone in the backfield for the Mike LB. Wonder if Mangieri was supposed to "Wham" that (block inside) instead of blocking straight ahead?

Questionable...

Same old Sam old no run blocking 2 shots To get one yd and couldn't do it
That was on our backs. They don’t seem to seethe hole. Marty had plenty of room outside and just went straight into a defender. Bowser showed no ability to make a guy miss.

Reactions: drewjin
That was a shocking swing of momentum.

Still, this is likely MSU’s high water mark in this game.

I said to my daughter on second and one, “Don’t sweep right here with Anderson, as we always lose yardage with that. So we did it. On third down, I said, “Just sneak it from under center.” So we did a QB run from the shotgun. Just terrible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT