ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU vs. MSU

Unbelievable momentum swing we make one mistake they capitalised if we don't change things this could be ugly

Bowser needs to step up. We need tough running inside.

GZ! We were just about to score, Coach Jake tried to prove NU can run the ball, and next thing we know we're behind by 7.

I hope we don’t go down in this game trying to force the run. If we could beat Wisky with 24 rushing yards we can beat MSU without relying on the run. As soon as we ran 3 times in a row the drive died.

This board is among the best at conceding five minutes in. Let’s beat the piss out of them. Can still hold them under 100 yards.

Reactions: corbi296
Maybe just a little bit too much talk about how we get into the college playoff. We are going to be down 14 nothing possibly

Reactions: drewjin
Not sure how you pick that flag up there...RCB couldn't even run this route because the guy had him bent over holding him. ???

**Edit - Might not have been DPI, but should have been defensive holding at least

So far we’re choosing to make things difficult for the defense. It can still happen, but no need to choose it.

Reactions: NUCat320
Neither the coaches nor the players seem ready today.

Got ‘em where we want ‘em.

It sure looked (strictly from the end zone camera replay) like Ramsey had a guy or three open on that third down play, when he tried to scramble up the middle and came up short. He’s gotten pretty run happy.

At least we held them to a FG after this atrocious start. Our offense better put something together. Wish we could run the ball but agree we beat WI running 24 yards. Score the ball boys.

Btw - Dantonio would faked that field goal and gone for a TD and we’d be down 14 right now. Because we are only down 10, we come back to win this one.

Reactions: DaCat
Shouldn’t have gotten my hopes up. This is horrendous. Terrible call to go for it on 4th near midfield. Terrible to pick up that flag for obvious PI though. Refs should be reprimanded for that. I could see if they never called it in the first place but once you throw that flag how do you pick it up, you can clearly see he pulled him down and turned him around by his jersey. We could’ve been marching in for a tying score, instead we’re down 10 and our offense is not really built to overcome that (I know we did against Iowa, but...)

• Angry
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT