ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU vs. MSU

Hunter needs to stop with the floaters and he needs to put the ball in stride when passing to tyrus. Otoh, he is doing good downfield but our offense is still doing 2 yrd patterns.

Hunter looking very nervous, but it’s still early. I hope…

Losing both lines of scrimmage maybe Anderson isn't as good a coach as we thought

Herbie Hancock playing the Detroit Jazz Festival streaming online right now. Makes for much better sound than listening to this playcall.

Can we get a DE or LB on the back side? Our DC isnt adjusting every time they bring the house on the back side. Its not fair. 4 against 1.

Officials are in the bag for the commish’s son’s team. Garbage. </s>

Man, several blatant holds missed on that last Michigan State scoring drive. One on the scramble and two separate on the screen.

That being said, Bergin has to be aware of his surroundings. Can’t have that late hit.

Better execution and play-calling by them. We have to read that screen. Inexperience showing all over the place, but I thought we were stronger and faster, I don't see it.

Didn't our coach say never again after 2019? I think he might have been wrong

With so many changes on O and D, it would have been so preferable to play Indiana St or Ohio for game one.

Reactions: ParisCat
Time to just get in some reps. Run down the clock. Maybe get a first down.
Overmatched. Not saying dark ages, but tyrus is too slow

I want to root for Hunter, but at some point you wonder if he just can't run an offense. We sucked the last time he was out there. Then a new guy comes in with basically the same players and runs a smooth show. Now we're back to this crap.

Reactions: mountaindrew
I want to root for Hunter, but at some point you wonder if he just can't run an offense. We sucked the last time he was out there. Then a new guy comes in with basically the same players and runs a smooth show. Now we're back to this crap.
Nah, Hunter hasn’t been bad. OL isn’t there right now. No push in the run game and inexperience at RB.

I like his connection so far with Robinson.

Terrible coaching of our WRs: Malik Washington, your defender is not looking back and you have a slightly underthrown ball... FORCE THE CONTACT. Get the PI, 15 yards, First Down. Our guys are not playing smart.
Springer has been one of the worst position coaches in D1. Only at NU would he have this level of job security

not impressed with tyus, no cuts, too slow to the hole and cant break a tackle so far. Clair looked way better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT