ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU vs. Purdue

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
I’m watching this one from the couch today.

It’s a cold, raw, drizzly day in West Lafayette, which should definitely favor the Cats.

Star Purdue WR Rondale Moore is out, so that’s the biggest news. However, stud DE George Karlaftis is dressed and appears ready to play. That’s a big boost for the Boilers if he can go. WR Jackson Anthorp and RB Kong Doerue are also dressed.

Let’s get it on!

Mangieri needs to keep his feet moving on that lead block.

**Edit - On the jet sweep to McGowan

That is a GREAT play be Gerak if they call it...NT jumped and he "reacted" to draw the offsides.

What a nice drive. 6 minutes, 75 yards, 7 points. That trick that pulled them offsides will probably never work again but it was genius. Maybe there is a variation to build off it.

Reactions: NUCat320
Great read by Fisher there...man coverage, knew he didn't have any run responsibilities on the play, so he wasn't biting on the jet motion from Purdue

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Who is 48? Looks to be a LB that ran up to paddy before one snap and seem confused about the call. Did Not see Gallagher on the field on that play.

Pretty good stop, not bad field position. Hopefully we have another 6 minute drive for a TD now.

I love the creativity on offense. So much more fun to watch than last year.

Think that was a sight-adjust miscommunication between Ramsey and McGowan on 3rd there. Against press coverage I'm thinking that should have been a fade "check" as opposed to the comeback/stop route.

Ok Jake, just tell me how many times we are going to run sideways, so I can tick them off.
The sideways run hasn't been the best play this year. Lots of times I think if they just got N and S sooner they would get a couple of yards ala JJ

Reactions: Titanium999
So AJ Hampton is a senior from Arkansas and it is Riley Lease not Riley Lee’s. This announcer is a joke

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT