ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for Northwestern @ No. 21 Duke

I knew Duke was way better than us and I expected us to get blown out, but it’s still really hard to watch.
Yeah, a bunch of us fooled ourselves into thinking maybe the adjustments they made in terms of play calling, etc from the Rutgers game was all w e needed to be half decent. In fairness, I think Duke is the real deal and will tear up alot of the ACC, and take down the likes of FSU maybe.

Now we need the defense to make a tackle or two since they'll get the ball first the second half

NU executed well that drive and Bryant throws a good ball. This offense has the most hope it’s had since 2020. Lausch adds a wrinkle and Henning shows a spark.

And Bryant’s Jersey seems pretty clean.

Reactions: FLCat07
Wow, we finally scored!!!!!! If our D can get some nice stops in and we can get the offense going with some consistency maybe we have half a chance.

NU executed well that drive and Bryant throws a good ball. This offense has the most hope it’s had since 2020. Lausch adds a wrinkle and Henning shows a spark.

And Bryant’s Jersey seems pretty clean.
That was the best TD drive I’ve seen in awhile… let’s get more MO!

What happens on the first drive of the second half when they get the ball to start will probably decide the game. If they March right down and score it's probably over. If we can stop them after a first down or two at most then we might have a shot at this thing.

Happy with that last drive. Hope they can be more competitive this half. B1G West doesn’t look too scary.

On side kick to open 2 half?
Hell no!!! Odds are against you and you will gift Duke half the field. The D is doing a decent job, it has been the O that has been substandard til that TD drive. Give the D a cushion to stop Duke. This continuous pressure on the D isn't a good thing with giving Duke only half the field.

The 2nd half ended well with a long drive with a td, and then a nice stop by our defense. I like that the team is hanging in there and still in contention if they can duplicate another strong 2nd half. Go Cats!

PS- our punting game is weak- the initial punts of 22 and 28 yds is not sustainable with our inconsistent offense where we will be punting multiple times. It really puts pressure on our defense if these short punts result in giving our opponents good field position. But overall the team is playing a pretty gutsy game on the road. There is still a shot at my 21-20 prediction for the win!

The 2nd half ended well with a long drive with a td, and then a nice stop by our defense. I like that the team is hanging in there and still in contention if they can duplicate another strong 2nd half. Go Cats!

PS- our punting game is weak- the initial punts of 22 and 28 yds is not sustainable with our inconsistent offense where we will be punting multiple times. It really puts pressure on our defense if these short punts result in giving our opponents good field position. But overall the team is playing a pretty gutsy game on the road. There is still a shot at my 21-20 prediction for the win!

What has happened to our punter? Is he hurt? Just got the shanks?

Well that was exactly the worst thing that could happen. March right down the field just like they did to start the first half. All the moments that we had is gone

Well that was exactly the worst thing that could happen. March right down the field just like they did to start the first half. All the moments that we had is gone
Many missed tackles especially the linebackers

Duke is #21 ranked and there’s no one in the stands.
I have attended many NU games in Durham over the years. They are always like this. Duke attendance is much worse than NU’s. Always.

Who is No. 9 in the defensive backfield for NU? I don’t see a DB on the roster with that number. His tackling is, ahem, a bit deficient.

Who is No. 9 in the defensive backfield for NU? I don’t see a DB on the roster with that number. His tackling is, ahem, a bit deficient.
I see now that Turner is wearing 9 today. Woof.

Turner, now number nine, was hyped at big time but doesn't seem to be playing very well

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT