ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for Northwestern vs. Iowa

If the entire team goes in Covid protocol we can forfeit next week’s game and save NU the upcoming shellacking. I know two season ticket holders who won’t go to the game or sell their tickets. There won’t be many NU fans. It will be tough.

I can’t go due to my knee surgery. If any NU fan needs three donated tickets let me know.
If you pay 💰 me 650 bucks, I’ll go!

• Haha
Reactions: drewjin and fcmchi
If we hold them off the rest of the game, at least we won’t be their to point total for the year (27).

Gallagher may make a lot of tackles but Iowa has schemed pretty well to have him 1-1 on pass coverage. He was just badly beaten by the Iowa TE.

Time after time the announcers try to say something positive about the Cats the screen shows otherwise- like they just said Sully will be a great qb someday and he gets sacked.

We are not a quality Big Ten team on either side of the ball. Rough to watch Sully taking this beating.

• Angry
Reactions: drewjin
Gallagher may make a lot of tackles but Iowa has schemed pretty well to have him 1-1 on pass coverage. He was just badly beaten by the Iowa TE.

Time after time the announcers try to say something positive about the Cats the screen shows otherwise- like they just said Sully will be a great qb someday and he gets sacked.

Yes Sir. You couldn't be more right. We just aren't good. Period.

NU’s remaining opponents are 25-8. The two 5-3 opponents are NU road games.

Bielema has turned around Illinois in two seasons — they may have clinched the West by the time they come to Evanston, in which case they’d probably be playing for an out-out-outside chance at the playoffs.

NU will finish 1-11 this season. This will be the first double-digit loss season since 1989. This will also be NU’s third 1-8 B1G season in the last five.

Something is rotten in the city of Evanston.

I actually feel badly for the players right now. Like kids being stranded on a desert island and the adults don't know how to fish or build a hut.
At least the adults taught them fire safety well … stop, drop and roll.

I actually feel badly for the players right now. Like kids being stranded on a desert island and the adults don't know how to fish or build a hut.

Yes Sir. Iowa is doing to us what we SHOULD have easily done to SIU and Miami. Instead we lost to two creampuffs.

This is proof to me that Fitz does not get what he is seeing. Either that or he refuses to be honest with the media with what's going on with the team - which I think is crap. But either way, the fact that so little has changed in scheme from last year makes me think it might be the former.

Last edited:
Reactions: MC_Cat
There's a football genius here that constantly insist that out offensive woes fall squarely on our "pathetic" WRs. 😂
Not at all, but the subject matter being discussed was the fact we couldn't bring tops receivers into the program. We have too many problems to mention in one post.

Yes Sir. Iowa is doing to us what we SHOULD have easily done to SIU and Miami. Instead we lost to two creampuffs.

This is proof to me that Fitz does not get what he is seeing. Either that or he refuses to be honest with the media with what's going on with the team. But the fact that so little has changed in scheme from last year makes me think it might be the former.
I’d imagine that he thinks the NU offense isn’t 1980s enough. Next year, NU will bring back the terms split end and flanker, and will start lining up WR’s in a three-point stance.

Creative schemes are for the weak. We’ll just out-tough ‘em.

Reactions: drewjin
Getting blown out by Iowa and having them score so many points given the prior history of poor offense is an indicator how badly pounded our defense will be beaten up by teams with real offenses. I do worry about the players including Sully who took a beating today. Don’t see things improving the remainder of the season. Will there be any real pressure on Fitz to make changes?

Seriously, it’s so nice that the announcers are making it about Iowa. Breaking news: Iowa still sucks.

Reactions: MC_Cat
If the entire team goes in Covid protocol we can forfeit next week’s game and save NU the upcoming shellacking. I know two season ticket holders who won’t go to the game or sell their tickets. There won’t be many NU fans. It will be tough.

I can’t go due to my knee surgery. If any NU fan needs three donated tickets let me know.
Take care of yourself. It is a tough surgery but we will all be pulling for you!

• Wow
Reactions: fcmchi
Take care of yourself. It is a tough surgery but we will all be pulling for you!
Rebel,
The kind thoughts are greatly appreciated. I’m walking with a cane and stopped taking norco yesterday so I’m making progress.

Reactions: Arlcatsfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT