ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for Northwestern vs. Iowa

Iowa’s turned the offense around by staying the course, trusting themselves, and also picking the correct opponent.

Iowa has averaged 6.7 punts per game, and had zero first half punts.

Iowa has averaged 1.7 turnovers per game and has turned it over zero times.

Probably just peaking as the calendar approaches November.

• Angry
Reactions: drewjin
At least we held them to a field goal there.

It should be no worse than a two-score game at the half, with the ball to start the second half.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda...Iowa's best scoring half of the season. Seriously, Fitz can say what he wants at the press conference, but what does he say in the locker room right now??

That was a dissection, and it honestly wasn’t JON’s fault.

There were Wildcats in position to make plays often enough to stop that drive.

At some point, you can’t blame even JON for this.
Uh, part of his job is to make adjustments and put his players in position to be successful. We played the same 4 man front all game, with zero blitzes. The worst OL in the B1G (Iowa not us) kept their QB clean and he has all day to throw. Just awful coaching.

If Fitzgerald thinks this is acceptable then he can have it.Changes must be made.We just made Iowa look like the best offense in college football.Enough already with this inferior crap that we have seen the last two years.Stand up and do what is right for the program and the kids in it.

• Love
Iowa had 4 offensive possessions in the first half, and scored every time, 2 TDs and 2 FGs. Nice work, Patty.

• Angry
Watching a NU football team. that has quit and doesn't want to be there. I'm even more depressed than I was during the Dark Ages to which we have returned. Our first Renaissance required 3 coaching changes,Greene,Peay and Barnett and a decade. This hole will be deeper

no wide receivers had a catch...and you wonder why you cant recruit wide receivers
It is the system, pure and simple. Archaic right out of a Woody Hayes playbook. No 4-5 star WR wants to just run short routes all the time, that is if they are even targeted. This game and the slaughter coming at the hands of the Buckeyes better wake a lot of people up. The NU administration has to be totally embarrassed, as well as the donors. Fitz seems to be guilty of dereliction of duty here and coming off as a grifter.

Reactions: PurpleFaze
It is the system, pure and simple. Archaic right out of a Woody Hayes playbook. No 4-5 star WR wants to just run short routes all the time, that is if they are even targeted. This game and the slaughter coming at the hands of the Buckeyes better wake a lot of people up. The NU administration has to be totally embarrassed, as well as the donors. Fitz seems to be guilty of dereliction of duty here and coming off as a grifter.
I think Sullivan doesn’t have the arm to get it outside.

system + recruiting + talent + position coaching = no chance for WRs

I wonder if Fleurima hits the transfer portal before he hits the end zone.

Watching a NU football team. that has quit and doesn't want to be there. I'm even more depressed than I was during the Dark Ages to which we have returned. Our first Renaissance required 3 coaching changes,Greene,Peay and Barnett and a decade. This hole will be deeper
No. We haven't sunk that low. It's halftime, play better.

Fitz and these coaches have lost this team.

no coaches job should be safe in the program. Head coach down to grad assistant. Wholesale changes required.
I have to agree. No HC, especially one so generously compensated, should be screwing off like this. JON needs to be shown the door ASAP. Defections after the season ends is all but assured if Fitz doesn't take prompt action. Look at Wisky after Chryst got the boot. They look like the Wisky of old almost. The kids don't care maybe and that is the end. Fitz has lost the locker room perhaps.

At this rate, I’m going to need to buy one of those ‘huggable pillows’ they are shilling right now.

Edit: how cheap is the advertising rate for this game?

• Haha
Reactions: eddie_gocats
There's a football genius here that constantly insist that out offensive woes fall squarely on our "pathetic" WRs. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: peatymeanis
The announcers are being very kind — crediting Iowa’s offense rather than NU’s defense.

The announcers are a bit dumb, tho.

You are right about Sullivan and Fleurima will take a hike. What is happening now is almost like a total collapse. I joked about my alma mater Flyers being able to beat the Cats a couple pages ago, but if Fitz has lost them, it might not be a joke.

• Angry
The announcers are being very kind — crediting Iowa’s offense rather than NU’s defense.

The announcers are a bit dumb, tho.

Exactly. I'm continually stunned by these announcers and all the media (except for DiNardo, who sees NU for what we really are) who just are oblivious to the fact that there is no offense in this galaxy - even Iowa - that can't shred our defense. How is this not obvious?

Exactly. I'm continually stunned by these announcers and all the media (except for DiNardo, who sees NU for what we really are) who just are oblivious to the fact that there is no offense in this galaxy - even Iowa - that can't shred our defense. How is this not obvious?
They have to do their duty to keep any ratings, if there are any left that is.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT