ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for Northwestern vs. Minnesota

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
I didn't make the trip to Minneapolis, so I'm watching this one from the couch today. Per Twitter, it looks like Brendan Sullivan will play and Tanner Morgan won't, as expected. Advantage: Northwestern. Per our @MotownMedilldo, Ted Albrecht reported on WGN that Bryce Gallagher is out, so Mac Uihlein will get the start at linebacker.

I didn't make the trip to Minneapolis, so I'm watching this one from the couch today. Per Twitter, it looks like Brendan Sullivan will play and Tanner Morgan won't, as expected. Advantage: Northwestern. Per our @MotownMedilldo, Ted Albrecht reported on WGN that Bryce Gallagher is out, so Mac Uihlein will get the start at linebacker.

I don't really think we have a prayer in this game, not against a physical, overpowering run blocking OL with a great back like Mo I. But if throwing the ball is not really an option now in their offense, maybe we can stick around like we did last week and against State Penn.

Really looking forward to watching Uihlein (from my high school) get his chance. What a week to debut - against the best RB in the Big Ten, who's gonna tote the rock 30 times in this game. Welcome to the Big Ten, Mac.

Me too! Just like last 25 years!

• Haha
Reactions: drewjin
I don't really think we have a prayer in this game, not against a physical, overpowering run blocking OL with a great back like Mo I. But if throwing the ball is not really an option now in their offense, maybe we can stick around like we did last week and against State Penn.

Really looking forward to watching Uihlein (from my high school) get his chance. What a week to debut - against the best RB in the Big Ten, who's gonna tote the rock 30 times in this game. Welcome to the Big Ten, Mac.
Don’t think Mo is playing!

I know they have to be nice, but that is just insane. Is it possible that all of us who have been watching this team for two years are wrong? Nah.

Matt Millen's glass of purple koolaid is not half full, its overflowing. He was the same way last year when our defense was much worse and we got abused by Nebraska - yet he still had nothing but compliments for our guys.

Damn Mac Uihlein made a great read and stopped Mo.

What on earth are these announcers talking about?

- “This is a very good defense”
- “The coaches say they just have to score more points.”

No, the defense is not good, and no, Fitzball is not about scoring points, per se, it’s about complimentary football

• Haha
Reactions: DaCat
This is a game where we probably need FGs. Tough to swallow coming up with zero points inside the 15.
Questionable play calling if the idea was to go for it in 4th down regardless. We then should have either thrown it on 3rd and short, or done something else on 4th and 1 after getting stuffed up the middle on 3rd.

Reactions: drewjin
Matt Millen's glass of purple koolaid is not half full, its overflowing. He was the same way last year when our defense was much worse and we got abused by Nebraska - yet he still had nothing but compliments for our guys.
Perhaps that helps explain his GM tenure.

I’m so sick of Fitz. What the **** is wrong with 3 points!!??
Kicking game is one of those areas where less-talented teams can make an impact. It’s crazy that NU has had two competent kickers (Demos, JBud) in two decades. Just such a failure.

To think that a D1 team is afraid to kick anything outside of a 20-something yarder is just embarrassing.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: drewjin and NUCats
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT