ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread for NU vs. Illinois

Unless he’s willing to changes he needs to go. We’ve been unwatchable and the worst team in major conference football 2 of the last 3 years. This team has not improved at all the entire season.
The MSU game may have been their best performance of the year.

Consistent downhill since.

Reactions: lunker35
Most painful thing to watch behind the QB play and our kicker is watching opposing offenses barely get tackled...ever. Seeing a tailback pop out on the other side of a scrum, or seeing our defenders bounce off of ball carriers like pinballs...

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
The MSU game may have been their best performance of the year.

Consistent downhill since.

Remember when that game sucked but many of us were thinking Hunter Johnson may have finally turned the corner? Man, if we had a QB *that* good instead of what we've had today we might only be down 26 right now.

Reactions: lunker35
Must be nice to have a FG kicker.Do they have a running clock in college football.Maybe they can institute one just for this game.

Maybe we can get Dr Seuss as our new DC.Cant be any worse then what we have now.

No more cat with the hat

the sun did not shine.
but the Cats chose to play.
so we sat in the house
all that cold, awful day.

i sat there with sally.
we sat there, we two.
and i said, 'how i wish
we had something to do!'

too sad to stop watching
and too old to play ball.
so I sat and I watched.
they did nothing at all.

so all we could do was to
sit!
sit!
sit!
sit!
and we did not like it.
not one little bit.

Even Skoronski is getting in on the act. On the one-yard sack, after his man gets by him, he just quits on the play to watch his man slowly chase down Hilinski.

Illinois is straight-up running every down with their 2nd string and our first team defense still can’t stop them.

We didn’t have our annual spat over whether or not the Illini are true rivals, but I think that they are. The win in 2019 counted for so much more because it was over Illinois. And this complete defrocking hurts much more since it comes against Illinois.

This really, really sucks.

I hope it sucks enough for Fitz to make major changes.

We didn’t have our annual spat over whether or not the Illini are true rivals, but I think that they are. The win in 2019 counted for so much more because it was over Illinois. And this complete defrocking hurts much more since it comes against Illinois.

This really, really sucks.

I hope it sucks enough for Fitz to make major changes.
If Fitz does not make major changes (next week), major changes should be made.

Reactions: willycat
Apparently the #1 thing the Cats need to do is "get in the weight room."
That was in a tv graphic, so somebody must have said it.

“Honey, I think they want to give me another contract extension”
Fitz has absolutely only gain, nothing to lose, by just admitting to the current problems and going about solving them in an aggressive way. If he doesn't, one has to wonder, and if not by, say, Wednesday, I will be highly skeptical he ever will. It is that bad.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Fitz has absolutely only gain, nothing to lose, by just admitting to the problems and going about solving them in an aggressive way. If he doesn't, then one has to wonder.
Logically, yes. Realistically, he’s too arrogant to do that.

I know the Dark Ages have been invoked inappropriately in recent years. But this actually does feel like the Dark Ages. This is shockingly bad. It is obvious that the team has completely checked out. A complete reboot is necessary next year. A major reshuffling of the staff and a major move to the portal.
During the Dark Ages there were many games at times we left at the half, being blown out like today by halftime.

They had a dominating win today in 7A vs. St Rita!
My understanding is that the DuKane conference did well this year with five teams in the playoffs: Batavia, Geneva, Glenbard North, WWS, and WN.

Congrats to Falcon86 whose son won a state championship yesterday, 35 years after he won a state championship for WNHS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bwm57
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT