ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread for NU vs. Illinois

Is this it? Are we seeing the bottom yet? The game's not over but I feel more defeated than I ever have as a cats fan
It's not the bottom until Fitz cleans house. Needs to send a statement that this is not acceptable. JON needs to go and we better be hitting the portal for just about every starting position.

• Love
Reactions: drewjin and Turk
Step right up and get yerself some of old Doc O’Neil’s magic elixir!

No matter what ails yer offense, whether the pass or run, old Doc O’Neil can heal!

Is this it? Are we seeing the bottom yet? The game's not over but I feel more defeated than I ever have as a cats fan

If you chart a graph of the entire history of NU football in which the highest point was taking the lead in the 1996 Rose Bowl (we can argue if NU has ever surpassed that peak - maybe as recently as leading OSU in last year's Big Ten Championship) and the low point is somewhere in the late 1970s/early 1980s, I would say there is a still a lot farther down NU can go.

But where we are now? Sucks.

My math says that NU has outscored Illinois by 111 during this winning streak. Can Illinois even the score?

Is taking a snap without falling or dropping the ball considered a fundamental?

It's not the bottom until Fitz cleans house. Needs to send a statement that this is not acceptable. JON needs to go and we better be hitting the portal for just about every starting position.
Fitz is in a very, very tricky spot. Fire one coordinator? Both? Lonely at the top, huh? $5M+ per year - you don't make that kind of money shaking hands and kissing babies.

Reactions: drewjin
We are unwatchable. Honestly. I’m very glad to have not paid for one ticket this year!!! Just a bad football team. I’m switching channels…

Leota making plays for Auburn against the 3rd ranked team in the country. But hey remember how fitz said he couldn’t stop the run!!!

For God's sake put in Richardson (or Hunter).

If this isn't the wake up call, I do not know what that will be,

What a dreadful team. We do nothing well. I feel bad for the 3-4 players on the field with B1G talent. It must really suck

• Angry
If you chart a graph of the entire history of NU football in which the highest point was taking the lead in the 1996 Rose Bowl (we can argue if NU has ever surpassed that peak - maybe as recently as leading OSU in last year's Big Ten Championship) and the low point is somewhere in the late 1970s/early 1980s, I would say there is a still a lot farther down NU can go.

But where we are now? Sucks.
Yes but this may be the fastest/farthest fall, from 4 bowl wins in 5 years, 2 division titles and one of the top D in the country to last in the conference and almost worst in the country on O and D.

• Sad
I'm unable to watch the game in the UK (BTN not available) but can listen to WGN, I guess I'm fortunate not to be able to watch this sh*t.

28-0 now. This is brutal to watch. Our offense and defense have quit. Changes must be made in the off-season. To be blown out by the Illini is not acceptable. So many BT games where we were not competitive, and the game over by the half. Painful to witness the slide of this program.

• Angry
I know the Dark Ages have been invoked inappropriately in recent years. But this actually does feel like the Dark Ages. This is shockingly bad. It is obvious that the team has completely checked out. A complete reboot is necessary next year. A major reshuffling of the staff and a major move to the portal.

It is truly crazy that there’s so little confidence in the starting kicker that 4th/5 at the 24 is a definite ‘go for it’. I can’t believe (well, I can believe) that the #2 kicker has never gotten a chance.

Stubbornness or stupidity or some sense of loyalty or whatever — it’s just a joke.
TPOF

Yes but this may be the fastest/farthest fall, from 4 bowl wins in 5 years, 2 division titles and one of the top D in the country to last in the conference and almost worst in the country on O and D.
No argument here.

yeah - can't mention the two division titles without acknowledging the pair of 3-9 seasons happening in the same time frame. as i've mentioned previously...we had a pretty good time making fun of the likes of ron zook who also ran hot and cold...only he won a game at Wrigley, beat Ohio State and made it to Pasadena.

For those of you in Illinois there is a way better 6A high school game on WCIU between East St Louis and Cary Grove.

Reactions: BFDCat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT