ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread for NU vs. Illinois

At least we won't get shut out this game. Question is whether we can score more than 7 points.

The DL is sad to watch. Meiser, Spivak and Pooler are gone missing. I think DL is where the huge regression on defense has originated. There's simply no pass rush.

Reactions: cat inkansas
Who would've thought we'd be losing 31-7... at HALFTIME?

If it makes anyone feel better, it did take until late in the 2nd quarter for the Illini to score the most points in a game they have all season.

Reactions: Go Catz
Not that it matters at this point, but shouldn't that have been an invalid fair catch against ILL on the punt return? He waived his arms and then ran with the ball.

This has been a brutal first half to watch. Our offense and defense have quit. Changes must be made in the off-season. To be blown out by the Illini is not acceptable. So many BT games where we were not competitive, and the game over by the half. Painful to witness the slide of this program downhill.

Not that it matters at this point, but shouldn't that have been an invalid fair catch against ILL on the punt return? He waived his arms and then ran with the ball.
Fair catch is a signal over your head.

Even LOLinois has a decent kicker.
#WeCantHaveThings

“Hey Hunter? Wanna play the second half?”
“Not really.”
“Richardson — you’re the guy!”
“Do I have to?”

“Minitron, go run some option.”
“We don’t have any plays.”
“Could it be worse?”
“Good point — let’s do it!”

What do you think Fitz's demeanor is in the locker room at the half? Serial killer quiet/understated? Flip the table of Gatorade angry? My girlfriend just dumped me defeated?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT