ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for Wisconsin vs. Northwestern

I haven’t seen anything in the 1st q to give me hope. Now an easy td without a hand on the receiver. Truly pathetic turnover prone offense and weak db. I need to adjust my prediction to 34-0. Sad.

What a joke if a team. I felt the siren song of going down there today, glad I didn't.

Wisconsin on pace for 800 yards

206 yards of offense in one quarter for Wisconsin. Just unbelievable.

Why are we complaining? We have a newish basketball arena, a state of the art practice facility, a planned new football stadium. So who needs good teams with toys like that?

Reactions: NUCat320
I haven’t seen anything in the 1st q to give me hope. Now an easy td without a hand on the receiver. Truly pathetic turnover prone offense and weak db. I need to adjust my prediction to 34-0. Sad.
We need Sullivan out in space! Rotate him out of the pocket!

I hate throwing him out there down 2 TDs against Wisconsin and he's had no snaps all season... But at some point you gotta try it.
He looks faster out there! We need him to run 🏃‍♀️ and play action too! Give him 3 series to get his feet wet!

I am going to keep watching to see how many points JON’s defense will give up, and to see if Sullivan can do anything…I have accepted we will not win again this year…wow, glad that’s over!

The thing about bringing in a new QB is that the other team is expecting short passes and low risk garbage. They aren't stupid.

Embarrassing game for Fitz. Maybe he needs Wisconsin to beat him 73-0 before he takes action. Feel bad for the players.

Embarrassing game for Fitz. Maybe he needs Wisconsin to beat him 73-0 before he takes action. Feel bad for the players.
I hate to say it, but I’m starting to root for that too

So I have been calling for these things from the offense...
1. Roll Hilinski out and look downfield.
2. Throw deep to loosen up the defense. Who cares if they intercept.
3. Throw down the middle to the tight ends.

So on offense for our first series, we did these things.

First play - rolled Hilinski out to the right and he gained a few yards running.
2nd Play - threw a pass down the middle to TE Gordon for a nice 16 yard gain and a first down.
3rd play - Threw a deep fly pattern to Navarro. Incomplete.

Checked all 3 boxes in the first 3 plays of the game!

And then we totally stopped, went back to dink passes and runs into the line.

well I guess it was the hurricane and not the defense that held PSU down last weekend.

Reactions: phatcat
When are we gonna learn Navarro isn’t the guy to throw to in 1on1 coverage down the field?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT