ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for Wisconsin vs. Northwestern

At the very least, Sullivan is not more inaccurate than Hilinski, is able to run better, and may be able to improvise better.
He seems to be more accurate downfield too despite a lesser arm. At least gives his guys a chance to make the play, Sullivan just blows it over everybody.

Because of our limitations, we must have someone that can run for his life. Now, he may get beat up like Colter and Persa, but we cannot have an immobile QB.
I don’t agree with that theory, and that’s not really what I mean (obviously a QB who can improvise, like on the fourth down play, is ALWAYS helpful). I more mean that Sullivan is mobile enough to be an actual running threat, allowing us to run an RPO heavy option offense. This is the sort of modern offense most college football teams who don’t want to run a wide spread or air raid should be running.

And he looks pretty good running it too, decisive so far. Being given simple reads and running through them effectively.

anywhere else would demand some accountability not here we're waiting for the recruiting bonanza from the new mini stadium.

Reactions: willycat
I don’t agree with that theory, and that’s not really what I mean (obviously a QB who can improvise, like on the fourth down play, is ALWAYS helpful). I more mean that Sullivan is mobile enough to be an actual running threat, allowing us to run an RPO heavy option offense. This is the sort of modern offense most college football teams who don’t want to run a wide spread or air raid should be running.

And he looks pretty good running it too, decisive so far. Being given simple reads and running through them effectively.
This might be the worst team we play for the rest of the year. Imagine Iowa's defense.

And the availability of Thanksgiving weekend tickets for Illinois fans is definitely on the uptick, this game will be a beating like no other

The Wiscy coach is smartly passing the ball to players who don’t get many touches. They’ll be ready when the next man up is required.

Fitz? If we were winning it would be run, run, run.

Fitz is clueless if he doesn't make any changes after this game.

Great another Saturday stewing over the suck… this isn’t Dark Ages but Dark Shit.

The resistable force vs the movable object.

We made Graham Mertz look like Russell Wison. Petras?
That’s the one thing that made me angry, making Mertz look that good. He’s done that exactly one other time in his career, vs a horribly coaches Illinois team

At the very least, Sullivan is not more inaccurate than Hilinski, is able to run better, and may be able to improvise better.

He threw a long out all the way across the field, with some zip on it. Maybe not a really strong arm, but on some throws he had a little extra. And he was decisive. Granted, mostly against Dub's twos, but we'll take it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaCat
He threw a long out all the way across the field, with some zip on it. Maybe not a really strong arm, but on some throws he had a little extra.
Sully showed he had plenty enough arm today. Maybe better than Peyton Ramsey.

Okay I predicted Wisconsin 35-10.
I incorrectly assumed we could make a 25 yard field goal.
I incorrectly assumed Fitz would punt on our 37 yard line, down by 28 with 17 minutes to play.

Sully gives a flicker of hope… but the d does not. At least we have a break from the shitshow next weekend.

Sully gives a flicker of hope… but the d does not. At least we have a break from the shitshow next weekend.

Yes Sir. The BTN boys summarized what's wrong with our DEF pretty clearly. Joshua Perry said, "they don't tackle well, they don't fit the run well, and they don't communicate in the secondary...." - all the very basic stuff. Then Gerry said: "You just described their Xs and Os problems.... (paraphrasing) what about playing with any passion and fire?" And Howard reiterated that point: "you could not tell me before this game that NU would not come out ready to play their best game of the season..."

We did have week 1, a strong overall DEF effort, and a big win. But since then, just awful, awful overall defensive play, same as last year. So big surprise that the players might have (again, just like last year) lost faith and hope in this DC.

So, now you have two weeks, and at least one full week to actually reflect mid season. So whatchu gonna do, Fitz?

Yes Sir. The BTN boys summarized what's wrong with our DEF pretty clearly. Joshua Perry said, "they don't tackle well, they don't fit the run well, and they don't communicate in the secondary...." - all the very basic stuff. Then Gerry said: "You just described their Xs and Os problems.... (paraphrasing) what about playing with any passion and fire?" And Howard reiterated that point: "you could not tell me before this game that NU would not come out ready to play their best game of the season..."

We did have week 1, a strong overall DEF effort, and a big win. But since then, just awful, awful overall defensive play, same as last year. So big surprise that the players might have (again, just like last year) lost faith and hope in this DC.

So, now you have two weeks, and at least one full week to actually reflect mid season. So whatchu gonna do, Fitz?
Did we have a strong defensive effort week one?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT