ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for Wisconsin vs. Northwestern

Come on. Dignity touchdown. Please.

Edit: Never stop dreaming.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Gladeskat
What was that play call on 3rd and 1?? A low efficiency fade all the way across the field. I just don’t understand.

• Angry
Reactions: PurpleWhiteBoy
What was that play call on 3rd and 1?? A low efficiency fade all the way across the field. I just don’t understand.
Come on, it was to Preston Bacon, should've been automatic.

Third and 1 and you run a fade? There was a minute left, and we let the clock run down!? Why?!? why not get the first down and get four shots at getting it in the end zone? You would think we could not do worse than we have already…I don’t think there are worse coaches in FBS…

Hey, the point now is just to justify JON keeping his job with his first half D giving up almost 9 yards per play. Mission accomplished keeping ball till the end of half. C’mon, we held them scoreless for the last 90 seconds of the half. We can build on that.

Down 28-0, Fitz goes for the FG instead of the TD from the 2 yard line. Looks to me like he just wanted to avoid a shutout. Way to show confidence in your offense, Fitz.

Down 28-0, Fitz goes for the FG instead of the TD from the 2 yard line. Looks to me like he just wanted to avoid a shutout. Way to show confidence in your offense, Fitz.
Pitiful. Evan Hull Gets you a first down inside the 5 and he doesn’t get the ball again. The last play should have been a handoff to Hull rather than that FG attempt.

it is just painful listening to the BTN announcers try to come up with something constructive to say about NU football.

Reactions: mountaindrew
This is the most embarrassing NU team in decades. We have more talent than this. The kids deserve better coaching.
I agree, we do have good players. I guarantee you that if we fire JON and put in a simpler defense, we will see a turnaround.

Reactions: TerraCat
It’s irrelevant what the offense is or isn’t doing. When you give up 8.75 yards per play, not a single other thing matters. You will lose every single game.

Reactions: Go Catz
Pitiful. Evan Hull Gets you a first down inside the 5 and he doesn’t get the ball again. The last play should have been a handoff to Hull rather than that FG attempt.

it is just painful listening to the BTN announcers try to come up with something constructive to say about NU football.
Maybe all this is beginning to get to Fitz?

Nobody was hiring JON. After the 49ers cast him out after 2017, no team in the NFL nor college brought him in for any level position in 2018. His job for the Raiders in 2019 wasn’t even as a position coach, but a general defensive assistant. Nobody was offering anything better. He only became the DB coach for the Raiders in 2019 after their db coach left for a DC role. Everybody knew. Only Fitz seemed to see value in him and it has blown up spectacularly on him.

What a better way to sum up the half and the decline of this program with Fitz going for fg that results in another miss. O, D and special teams are awful. We don’t have a kicker that can make a chip shot. The offense is inept and can’t make plays. Will anything be done to keep this sinking ship afloat? 350 yds given up by our defense in the first half.

What a better way to sum up the half and the decline of this program with Fitz going for fg that results in another miss. O, D and special teams are awful. We don’t have a kicker that can make a chip shot. The offense is inept and can’t make plays. Will anything be done to keep this sinking ship afloat? 350 yds given up by our defense in the first half.
Even in the good years, we’ve complained about the kicking. It’s a feature of Pat Fitzgerald teams.

I have never seen a fan base blame assistant coaches as we do. When things go bad the buck stops with anyone but Fitz.
Fitz is probably untouchable for the foreseeable future. His contract has him locked in until what, 2030?

But it's starting to look like most of his successes were either (1) running on fumes from the Randy Walker era; or (2) Mike Hankwitz's accomplishments. Not sure if there's any point to building a new stadium for a program that's this lost. Use the money to buy a decent coaching staff, at least one that would be competitive in the MAC.

Reactions: Colonel Kong
I have never seen a fan base blame assistant coaches as we do. When things go bad the buck stops with anyone but Fitz.
Fitz is ultimately responsible for the bad hires, but the coordinators are responsible for completely inept and clueless performances. These kids are the same or better caliber recruits as we’ve always had (on average) but they even looked completely overmatched against FCS and second string MAC teams.

Fitz is ultimately responsible for the bad hires, but the coordinators are responsible for completely inept and clueless performances. These kids are the same or better caliber recruits as we’ve always had (on average) but they even looked completely overmatched against FCS and second string MAC teams.
This part (period).

Reactions: Colonel Kong
Dirty hit by Wiscy knocks out Hilinski on the interception return.

Fourth and short, have to go for it... interception. Again. After Hilinski got us down field. Seems appropriate. Get part of the job done, but not the important part.

I still like RH personally, but.... enough. Lets go, Sully.

This part (period).
Ok. I agree but it is pretty much a futile exercise to discuss firing Fitz because we all know it will never happen. And it would probably not create long term success even if we brought in a hot shot coach who turns it around and then leaves.

Why do they have their starters in the game? Not saying they are RUTS but if they were smart they’d rest them to avoid injury. Although we hardly touch them anyway.

Why do they have their starters in the game? Not saying they are RUTS but if they were smart they’d rest them to avoid injury. Although we hardly touch them anyway.
They’re putting things on tape now, opening it up some, getting to an actual blowout score. You know, like a good team does when up big after a couple bad weeks as opposed to being satisfied beating a worse team by one score.

He's definitely responsible, but we realistically don't think he will get fired. We don't have enough alums that are passionate about NUFB enough to fund a buyout. Mostly they donate money to get their name on buildings

Ok. I agree but it is pretty much a futile exercise to discuss firing Fitz because we all know it will never happen. And it would probably not create long term success even if we brought in a hot shot coach who turns it around and then leaves.
I understand that he has privilege that NO other FBS coach enjoys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT