ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for Wisconsin vs. Northwestern

Fitz is probably untouchable for the foreseeable future. His contract has him locked in until what, 2030?

But it's starting to look like most of his successes were either (1) running on fumes from the Randy Walker era; or (2) Mike Hankwitz's accomplishments. Not sure if there's any point to building a new stadium for a program that's this lost. Use the money to buy a decent coaching staff, at least one that would be competitive in the MAC.
Worked for MN

Ummm…we need Sullivan to stay healthy, especially now.

I’m a little worried about his aggressive running.

Aaaand I can’t even get that typed before a fumble.

Ummm…we need Sullivan to stay healthy, especially now.

I’m a little worried about his aggressive running.

Aaaand I can’t even get that typed before a fumble.
And he was grabbing his left wrist

Helinski experiment should be over. Time to move on.

This is good (considering the sh** show of the day). Sullivan just made a bunch of plays, now gets blindsided and fumbles.... he's getting initiated. Should help him be settled down some for next week when I assume he''ll be the man.

Really nice work a few plays back by Sean McLaughlin. Shed two blocks, and still got upfield and made the TFL. He's really improved this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaCat
Sullivan can make some plays. He has settled down since he first entered in the first half.

This is good (considering the sh** show of the day). Sullivan just made a bunch of plays, now gets blindsided and fumbles.... he's getting initiated. Should help him be settled down some for next week when I assume he''ll be the man.
Ryan Hilinski would do ok in a decent offense, but he's helpless against a B1G defense and this crap offense. Need a guy that can run for his life.

I’m willing to make the call, with the score 28 to 0 very late in the third quarter:

The Cats will have a better day than the Sooners.

Edit: 35-zip. Still feeling good about my call.

Am I missing something, or are the Wildcats getting worse with each game?
I think your right. NU being outgained 415-200 (x Hull screen catch) and Wisconsin has eased off the gas in the 3rd quarter. Backup o lineman are in now for WISC.

Seriously Fitz? 4th and 4 inside your own 40?
And people would criticize him for not going for it since they are already down 28. I like the aggressive call. Can't get any worse. And you cant keep punting it down 28 with 1.5 quarters left if you want any chance of winning.

Let's remember that Wisc is 0-3 v P5 programs and looked bad doing it. We are getting killed by the 10th or 11th best team in the B1G.

Reactions: willycat
And people would criticize him for not going for it since they are already down 28. I like the aggressive call. Can't get any worse. And you cant keep punting it down 28 with 1.5 quarters left if you want any chance of winning.
And now you see what you get. More humiliation.

So I’m watching this game it appears as though nw has just quit out there. And why kick a fg (conservative) and then go for it on your own side of the field? This is an interim hc with a dysfunctional offense??

Could be an Andrew Marty situation, but Sullivan is giving us a little something extra, no doubt. Strongly prefer the flavor of the offensive system under him too.

At the very least, Sullivan is not more inaccurate than Hilinski, is able to run better, and may be able to improvise better.

Could be an Andrew Marty situation, but Sullivan is giving us a little something extra, no doubt. Strongly prefer the flavor of the offensive system under him too.
Because of our limitations, we must have someone that can run for his life. Now, he may get beat up like Colter and Persa, but we cannot have an immobile QB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT