ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Purdue vs. Northwestern

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
It's the last game at Ryan Field! (Probably)

Northwestern (5-5, 3-4 Big Ten) hosts Purdue (3-7, 2-5 Big Ten) with an 11:01 kickoff at Ryan Field. The game will air on BTN and serve as Northwestern's Senior Day.

With the mess of COVID eligibility, we don't have an official list of seniors in their last season, but know that just because someone walks today does not mean they can't come back next season.

Reactions: drewjin
Bennett Meredith interesting former commit. I hope we hit him hard but not hurt him.
I hope we hurt him. NOT cheap shot or dirty, but I want any former Cats commits that left us to suffer pain.

Braun is no dummy. He’ll Play the run first and jump the short routes. Cats will be bowl eligible today!

Reactions: BFDCat
I don't remember him. How long was he committed for, and what happened? Anyone remember?
He was committed to NU from 10/27/21 through early December, when he was offered by Arizona State. NU had been his first P5 offer, ASU was his second.

He didn’t play as a freshman in ‘22, and transferred to Purdue in the spring.

He took the better offer the moment he got it, following NU’s 3-win season. NU wound up getting Lausch to switch to football for that scholarship slot.

Reactions: TerraCat
My goodness that run defenses horrendous and is someone mentioned we can't tackle either. If this keeps up we're in trouble.

• Sad
Looked early like a potential blowout but our offense had some missed opportunities and now Purdue is grinding it out. We are giving up too many long runs and allowing 3rd now a 4th down conversion. Defense needs to make stops.

What remarkable play by the DL this season. Mueller rightfully gets the credit for the read and the TFL on fourth down, but the DL stoutly filled the gaps to allow him to run free.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT