ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Purdue vs. Northwestern

Well it's in the hands of our defense which hasn't looked good the last two series maybe this will be it though

Three runs is fine. First down ended it if it happened. No timeouts for Purdue.

Anything more than five yards downfield is a Hail Mary for this QB.

Buckle down Cats.

Why would you say things like this? It baffles me.
Because the same idiots who criticized the pass play call that resulted in an interception a few minutes earlier are also criticizing the decision to run the ball on three straight plays in order to keep the clock running and force Purdue to burn their remaining timeouts. It’s moronic.

Good defensive strategy at the end. Keep the clock moving with the knowledge that when the young QB has to go more than 5 yards downfield he’s liable to throw into thick coverage

Reactions: zeek55 and corbi296
Nice win by the Cats to become bowl eligible. Totally unpredictable that we would have this season and quality of play given the chaos over the summer. I also think this win underscores the decision make Braun the hc was the right move. Go Cats. Let’s make it a winning season with 2 more wins! (vs Illini and our bowl game.)

And somewhere in Wisconsin a bitter young man realizes his dreams of revenge have gone awry as the teammates he betrayed prepare to go bowling.

Last edited:
Reactions: corbi296
Good defensive strategy at the end. Keep the clock moving with the knowledge that when the young QB has to go more than 5 yards downfield he’s liable to throw into thick coverage
I was gonna write something about how WRs had 5 catches for 40 yards for Purdue and how they clearly weren’t a threat outside and how a 15 yard pass is basically a Hail Mary for that offense today, but I made a similar comment during the Iowa game right before their 20-something completion to set up the winning kick.

So I reconsidered.

But Purdue on that final drive looked like a team led by a third-string freshman.

Reactions: zeek55
I was gonna write something about how WRs had 5 catches for 40 yards for Purdue and how they clearly weren’t a threat outside and how a 15 yard pass is basically a Hail Mary for that offense today, but I made a similar comment during the Iowa game right before their 20-something completion to set up the winning kick.

So I reconsidered.

But Purdue on that final drive looked like a team led by a third-string freshman.
Yup. Against a better QB or more dangerous WRs I might not like the total drop back play with that much time, but those QBs couldn’t safely throw more than 5 yards downfield all day and when they were finally forced to exactly what we expected to happen happened. Didn’t even have to fool him, just threw it right to Xander.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT