ADVERTISEMENT

Greenstein scoop

Didn't it hint that he could become the highest rated recruit NU BB history. That could make it important, no?
While it would definitely be important it would be so for many reasons beyond just his rating. Many have thought that it is one thing to have success initially recruiting for a new coach. But now he has been here for 4 years, shown some success with the original group. Where does he go from there? Does recruiting slide back to earlier levels or does he bring in additional high ranked recruits and even improve. If so, he has a continuing developing program. If not, an unsustainable one trick pony. Getting that high level recruit would mean CCC has developed and actual program that will be around for a while and mark a new norm for NU.

Well if you don't understand that he could become the most important recruit in NU history, then you just don't understand recruiting.
Are you really doing this? Did you read the thread and the article - I said the article doesn't make a case for why he could be the most important recruit and based on what little I know about this kid (this article) I didn't see why he would be considered more important than Law. Please explain why it is likely or even possible he could be the most important recruit - more important than law, a similarly rated recruit who is local and bought in to what a new coach was selling. Or are you picking a fight just because that's what you like to do?

Are you really doing this? Did you read the thread and the article - I said the article doesn't make a case for why he could be the most important recruit and based on what little I know about this kid (this article) I didn't see why he would be considered more important than Law. Please explain why it is likely or even possible he could be the most important recruit - more important than law, a similarly rated recruit who is local and bought in to what a new coach was selling. Or are you picking a fight just because that's what you like to do?

Um...I'll go with (B).

The kid could be the most important recruit in program history...if he develops into the #1 pick in the NBA draft during his time at NU. But then you could say the same thing about every recruit ever signed. o_O

Reactions: willycat
Um...I'll go with (B).

The kid could be the most important recruit in program history...if he develops into the #1 pick in the NBA draft during his time at NU. But then you could say the same thing about every recruit ever signed. o_O
Or he has quintuplet brothers in next years class that are all tied as the #1 recruit in the country and vowed to go wherever their brother goes. Just saying the article didn't provide me any insight as to why he would be the most important - sensationalist tease to the article, that's all, no big deal.

Reactions: hoosboot
Or he has quintuplet brothers in next years class that are all tied as the #1 recruit in the country and vowed to go wherever their brother goes. Just saying the article didn't provide me any insight as to why he would be the most important - sensationalist tease to the article, that's all, no big deal.

Totally get it and agree. Just being snarky.

Then why are still trying to make it a big deal. First any and all media stories on NU BB are good things. Secondly it's right there, in black and white, 'Could Be" the most important NU BB recruit, ever. You know , like he COULD become the highest rated recruit to play BB at NU.

Last edited:
Echmeyer was consensus top 100, but the recruiting rankings and coverage back then were much more limited in scope and reach. The Holmes, Walters, Nixon and Pedersen class was also all considered by some to all be ranked in the top 200.

He was top 50 in Athlon and Superprep.

Are you stating that you'd prefer state-owned media only? Or no media only?

Yep, those are the choices. It just goes to show that Trumpism has infected portions of every segment of society--even NU message boards. It appears that many of these folks really would prefer an authoritarian state in which the media can't or won't contest a leader's "alternative" facts. It's scary and really depressing.

Once again rant board comment but Trump is bad for this country and Marie Le Pen would be devastating for France. Eerily similar to World War II events.

Once again turning to the topic of the initial post join the crew Cormac to continue the upward swing of NU athletics

Political comments on the Rant board, please.

That's an entirely reasonable request -- in isolation. But we seem to have a growing minority of posters (or at least an increasingly vocal minority) who are using basketball threads as an excuse to push a thinly veiled political agenda. They may not mention politics or political figures specifically, but the point of their posts is clear.

In this thread, we have posters using a newspaper article on a recruit as a rationale to attack journalism as a profession--even to the point of basically advocating its elimination. In another active thread, we have posters bullying a humanities professor for daring to speak up for the idea of a broad-based liberal education.

These are odious, destructive sentiments. And it certainly doesn't seem right to look the other way when things like this are posted while rebuking those of us who speak out against them.

Reactions: benoitdenizetl
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT