ADVERTISEMENT

Martinelli

He needs to work a bit more on not getting so many shots blocked. But I think that will come with more experience and yes going to get thst

He needs to work a bit more on not getting so many shots blocked. But I think that will come with more experience and yes going to get thst
Are you talking about MN or NM? MN getting blocked so frequently is very disappointing.

Martinelli and Barnhizer are both good scorers in the paint, but they are drawing multiple defenders as coaches notice that they almost never pass. To me thats the next step for both guys.

Are you talking about MN or NM? MN getting blocked so frequently is very disappointing.
MN and Boo were getting raped under the basket all day. I give both props for not whining either.

Loved the hard slam. Need more of those to threaten broken fingers for those that try to get between the ball and the hoop.

MN and Boo were getting raped under the basket all day. I give both props for not whining either.

Loved the hard slam. Need more of those to threaten broken fingers for those that try to get between the ball and the hoop.
Did you see the young ref yell at Boo with about 6 mins to go? Was so unprofessional

• Wow
Reactions: drewjin
Did you see the young ref yell at Boo with about 6 mins to go? Was so unprofessional
I didn’t see that. Not surprising - for the B1G’s best player to get so few calls is simply mind blowing. But we won so best way to show up the refs is to be silent, win anyway and walk off without acknowledging their prejudice.

Actually, if I’m Boo, I start leading every post game presser thanking the refs for being so good. Confuse them, make them wonder how he could be so gracious while being screwed. More importantly, lead others into discussing the issue. Let the talking heads make a mockery of the refs.

• Haha
I was going to bring this up also.

Ronald Glover???? I think that was him.

He wasn't just yelling at Boo. After they started barking, the ref was engaging Boo when Boo was walking away and trying to bait him into a tech.

That guy in particular was awful today. What was the foul on Boo in the second half where Glover was standing behind the play under the basket, Boo isn't anywhere near a foul, the other ref in front of the play doesn't make the call, and maybe-Glover comes out of nowhere from behind the play to make the call.

Did they say anything about the referees on the telecast?

I'm not a "blame the ref" guy, but that was pretty bad and horribly inconsistent today.

I was talking about Nick. Matt did get blocked a few times, but there was more mugging going on for him.
Martinelli and Barnhizer are both good scorers in the paint, but they are drawing multiple defenders as coaches notice that they almost never pass. To me thats the next step for both guys.
I'm hoping he'll learn to look for the pass when he realizes there are three guys on him and Matt. A pump fake or three wouldn't hurt either. Get the defenders off their feet.

I was talking about Nick. Matt did get blocked a few times, but there was more mugging going on for him.

I'm hoping he'll learn to look for the pass when he realizes there are three guys on him and Matt. A pump fake or three wouldn't hurt either. Get the defenders off their feet.
NM was blocked today. But when was he blocked before? I struggle to recall any instances

The difference is Nick will be playing 30 minutes a game going forward, so he'll be shooting more, and will have more people guarding him who've read the brief. He'll need to up his O game, shooting and passing.

He wasn't just yelling at Boo. After they started barking, the ref was engaging Boo when Boo was walking away and trying to bait him into a tech.

That guy in particular was awful today. What was the foul on Boo in the second half where Glover was standing behind the play under the basket, Boo isn't anywhere near a foul, the other ref in front of the play doesn't make the call, and maybe-Glover comes out of nowhere from behind the play to make the call.

I'm not a "blame the ref" guy, but that was pretty bad and horribly inconsistent today.
I love getting the perspective of observant people who are at the game when I'm just watching on the couch.
Lots of little things happen. Plenty of that gets by the announcers. Plenty gets by other folks at the game.

(I was at the Nebraska game and had no idea that Tominaga had yelled "Miss! Miss! Miss!" at Nicholson from the bench during a free throw attempt. My daughter was in the student section and told me that one. Changed my opinion of Tominaga significantly)

Anyhow, watching the game on TV, I thought the refs were generally letting them play today. Wahab was going straight up and these refs didn't call the "automatic foul" when there was contact initiated by the shooter. The refs missed some calls, like the 3-man mugging of Nicholson under the basket, but I'd much rather have them not blowing their whistles than sending players to the bench. We can't afford refs who want to interfere in the outcome.

We can't afford refs who want to interfere in the outcome.

Good point. Doesn't mean I don't want to see maybe a few more fouls on Boo's drives, but yeah, if refs call 'em tight, it probably doesn't favor the team with the shorter bench.

I was at the Nebraska game and had no idea that Tominaga had yelled "Miss! Miss! Miss!" at Nicholson from the bench during a free throw attempt. My daughter was in the student section and told me that one. Changed my opinion of Tominaga significantly
I wondered why both Berry and Buie went out of their way to mock Tominaga after making three point shots, he must be kind of annoying.

As far as I can tell - option No. 1 for the Cats is always trying to create an open three for Buie, Langborg or Berry (when healthy). Option two is the drive by a shooter looking to score or create under the basket. Option three, usually late in the shot clock, is to isolate Boo primarily or Barnhizer depending on match ups. Last option, isolate anyone else including Martinelli or Langborg. My point is NU typically isolates late in the shot clock as a fourth or fifth option in the possession, which requires them to force shots and limits passing options.

Career high tonight for N-Mart against Maryland!

27 points on 9-14 from the field
9-10 free throws
7 rebounds

Amazing night, and just what we needed with Langborg out.

Q: Where are we going to get Langborg's points from?
VM: I'll take his...and mine...and some of Boo's. And Berry's too.

Reactions: Figrating and DaCat

Any link to the video? Eager to see this.

I am salivating at the idea of seeing him get back from the summer decisively pulling up from 3.

Today he’s a threat but needs a lot of time to have his feet set. It will make him Nick the beast.
Yeah, it's pretty clear what he'll want to add to his game this summer. He *can* hit the three, so they can't leave him open, but opposing D's love it when he shoots out there instead if inside where he's so devastating.

If Martinelli can develop of solid right hand shot, hook etc. He will become a monster. He’s phenomenal with just left handed shot and not much of a long range jumper.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT