ADVERTISEMENT

Martinelli

I am salivating at the idea of seeing him get back from the summer decisively pulling up from 3.

Today he’s a threat but needs a lot of time to have his feet set. It will make him Nick the beast.
That three point shot is just waiting to be developed. I also love picturing the frustration of opposing fan bases when N-Mart scores on them with some awkward-looking move, “Why can’t we stop that dorky-looking white dude!”

:D

That three point shot is just waiting to be developed. I also love picturing the frustration of opposing fan bases when N-Mart scores on them with some awkward-looking move, “Why can’t we stop that dorky-looking white dude!”

:D
Absolutely. I guarantee they're saying that. Maryland had no answer for him last night, and it surely must have been frustrating for the fans.

Someone asked about nicknames for Martinelli last night, and see some are calling him "Nicky Buckets" today, but what about just a standard boring classic nickname?

"Lefty Martinelli" just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?

Absolutely. I guarantee they're saying that. Maryland had no answer for him last night, and it surely must have been frustrating for the fans.

Someone asked about nicknames for Martinelli last night, and see some are calling him "Nicky Buckets" today, but what about just a standard boring classic nickname?

"Lefty Martinelli" just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?
Or simply ‘Lefty’

Reactions: EagerFan
Blake Smith will be really good too. He’s a great defender.
The coaches think a LOT of him. Really good to see him make a shot when he had to and break the ice. Seems otherwise he's not allowed to shoot as the coaches very gradually bring him into the game. He may not turn into Martinelli, but what if he's a kinda good shooter?

let-it-rain-shoot.gif

Last edited:
I would be pissed if I were Martinelli. I think the B1G studio guys called him a Rec League Hero. Bruce Weber was giggly talking about how he scored 27.

My vote for his nickname is Nick "Greasy" Martinelli. More of a hockey term, but he definitely fits the bill. No one's really sure how he moves his body the way he does, but the ball goes in the basket.

I would be pissed if I were Martinelli. I think the B1G studio guys called him a Rec League Hero. Bruce Weber was giggly talking about how he scored 27.
I would’ve considered it a badge of honor. His game isn’t pretty, but he finds a way to get it done, mostly by doing all the dirty work no one else on the court wants to do. He’s a more athletic Tim Doyle. Good for him.

Reactions: IGNORE2 and drewjin
I would’ve considered it a badge of honor. His game isn’t pretty, but he finds a way to get it done, mostly by doing all the dirty work no one else on the court wants to do. He’s a more athletic Tim Doyle. Good for him.
I think they were saying Rec League Hero in that when he's 45 and his playing career is over, he will go to the YMCA and still be able to make all the moves he was making last night. I think they meant it as a compliment.

Blake Smith will be really good too. He’s a great defender.
Agree. And I could see him doing some scoring as well. He's athletic, can rebound and I believe will find ways to get the ball in the basket. Germantown Academy, where he played basketball, is a good prep school, but Blake was home schooled.. One of my all time favorite football Wildcats, Hudhaifa Ismaili (sp?) was also home schooled. He played on the Rose Bowl team and was much lauded by Fitz, who often said he was one of the best players he ever saw.

Agree. And I could see him doing some scoring as well. He's athletic, can rebound and I believe will find ways to get the ball in the basket. Germantown Academy, where he played basketball, is a good prep school, but Blake was home schooled.. One of my all time favorite football Wildcats, Hudhaifa Ismaili (sp?) was also home schooled. He played on the Rose Bowl team and was much lauded by Fitz, who often said he was one of the best players he ever saw.
Germantown, PA?

I don't know about a nickname for Nick Makes You Look Like a Dick. But I am positive he is the greatest Italian American since Rocky Balboa

Reactions: stpaulcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT