ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Illini Woes

The same issues are there for Yale, Harvard, Stanford, Duke, and Vandy. All have strained town/gown relationships due to the tax issue. Morty has made great strides in the recent couple of years in building better interaction with the city, and it's probably at an all time high.
The city needs to realize, even without taxes NU still brings money to the city. The city is better off with NU there than not.
That Cincy Catholic league is full of great football players. Great to see Moeller back to winning State Championships again! Jango would have had one under his belt had he gone. But good to be able to root for him now as a Cat!
The GCYL was great for him. You can watch and cheer for him this year at IMG Academy. We are going for National rankings. I have many friends at Moe. Was happy to see them win back to back.

The city needs to realize, even without taxes NU still brings money to the city. The city is better off with NU there than not.

The GCYL was great for him. You can watch and cheer for him this year at IMG Academy. We are going for National rankings. I have many friends at Moe. Was happy to see them win back to back.
Some understand that and some do not. One of the big areas that the city and university don't get along is on zoning and expansion. Recently a small college closed and the land cleared. It was just to the west of campus and would have been a perfect expansion for NU and already zoned for a college. To prevent NU from getting their hands on it the city council quickly rezoned the land for single family. It was likely about 10-15 acres and would have been perfect for expansion. It is the reason the lakefill is so important and why the new facility there is such a big comitment

Reactions: CatsDad
Well OF COURSE they did! Bears games are a cesspool of scum mired in even more scum. Nobody in their right mind would host a Bears game. I don't blame Evanston one bit for saying no. I probably would disagree with everything else Evanston's Board does, but I agree with them on this one. Too much drunken crap comes along with Bears games. Who needs 'em!
Stupor, to agree with that you have to not play OSU, Wisconsin and Io-a fans from Evanston.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT