ADVERTISEMENT

OT-Recovering from Covid-19

Get vaccinated if your not. This delta is no joke-haven’t been able to leave the bed in two days.
Wow i pray you a speedy recovery. I just came home from the hospital myself.
If you dont mind me telling you, dont just rest and fluid. My pulmonologist treated me at the hospital with
Ivectimin x 5 days
Zinc, vic C, vit D, steroid pushes. Remdesivir x 6 but i told him only 4 and he agreed after good blood.

But!!! Initially, the initial treatment is antibiotics. First hour, they did a azith iv, and another strong antibiotic called rozesomething?

So call your doctor and be aggressive and get a zpack immediately imo.

At any rate, i wont scientifically need a vaccine now until sometime next year. Doc said im good for 9+ months immunity.

Also, almost the entire covid wing (not icu) that i was on was 90% vaccinated patients. Unfortunately the breakthrus are happening and expanding so make sure you get a booster if you dont have natural immunity. Lot of ignorant people are not listening to science and dont think they will get sick. Nobody wants to be sick and maybe vaccinated arent in icu but dozens of them were on oxygen with me. No fun. Get the booster.

Good luck, amigo. I am vaccinated and cannot WAIT for the booster. Also the shot for my 8 year old.
A 3yo and other children were in the hospital here. I didnt realize how its affecting children. Hope your child stays safe. Its crazy because last year it was like no children were getting sick. A healthy 19yo boy died one night at the hospital when i was there. My pulmonologist was grieving.

A 3yo and other children were in the hospital here. I didnt realize how its affecting children. Hope your child stays safe. Its crazy because last year it was like no children were getting sick. A healthy 19yo boy died one night at the hospital when i was there. My pulmonologist was grieving.
We live in a deeply red state. My wife home schooled her last year, but, before Delta, we made the decision to send her this fall. First day of class, like 5 kids wore masks, teacher said they didn't have to, they all took them off. Only a matter of time before some Sturgis type yahoo infects their kid, who, in turn, will infect my daughter. It's a race for the kids vax

We live in a deeply red state. My wife home schooled her last year, but, before Delta, we made the decision to send her this fall. First day of class, like 5 kids wore masks, teacher said they didn't have to, they all took them off. Only a matter of time before some Sturgis type yahoo infects their kid, who, in turn, will infect my daughter. It's a race for the kids vax

If you truly feel that way, go back to homeschooling.

The data and science indicates your fear may.be misplaced. The data clearly shows her natural immunity not only will most likely99.9%?) Thrwart any infection Bove mild. The good news is that science just confirmed that natural immunity offers 7x more protection for those who chose the natural organic path.
My doctor told me i have strong antibodies for 9 months but mozt likely longer.
Unfortunately, people who got the pfizer dont need to play around, they need to jump on the booster asap.

Reactions: mikero3
Same bird, twice, how does that happen?

I love how Turk's idea of science is somewhat akilter from actual science.
You are delusional.and unintelligible to reject the new science from the top academy in the article. Thats what kills progress. You cant pick and choose data that is now deemed outdated as new and improved research comes in.
Listen talk crap about me. You are good doing that but one thing you Cant do nor WONT do is refute the latezt zcience

Follow the science ztpaul as the more current data comes in.
Are you going to deny the latest scientific study.by a "top" research consortium?
Natural immunity +1 turk
Pfizer 7x more doom
Sorry
Would you have needed such an extensive hospital stay and aggressive treatment plan if you had been fully vaccinated with Pfizer with a breakthrough infection? Lindsey Graham caught a breakthrough infection and it seems it didn't kick his ass nearly as bad.

Natural immunity is surely a good thing, but I'm not sure that wishing for natural immunity without getting the jab is a plan most people should follow.

You are delusional.and unintelligible to reject the new science from the top academy in the article. Thats what kills progress. You cant pick and choose data that is now deemed outdated as new and improved research comes in.
Listen talk crap about me. You are good doing that but one thing you Cant do nor WONT do is refute the latezt zcience
I love Latezt Zcience. Have you listened to their new CD? It's fabulous, better than the Beatlez.

Would you have needed such an extensive hospital stay and aggressive treatment plan if you had been fully vaccinated with Pfizer with a breakthrough infection? Lindsey Graham caught a breakthrough infection and it seems it didn't kick his ass nearly as bad.

Natural immunity is surely a good thing, but I'm not sure that wishing for natural immunity without getting the jab is a plan most people should follow.
My plan was to use natures way after i followed the science which told me i would be 99.9% not hospitalized. That said, either way isnt perfect but we ought not be arrogant and not consider the natural way. In my case, i had mild symptoms. I was never on a mask only nasal.
Short term to answer your question, i think a vaccinated person like stpaul almost certainly had more protection than me. Why wouldnt he? He took a shot and i never had covid. Certainly short term he was in better shape.
However, after i was up to bat, its now scientifically undeniable that my natural immunities are far superior.
The new study that came out today proves it.
I do think elderly ought to take the vaccine. But its incredibly ignorant, given the new science, to jab a child.
Is it wrong? No. Everyone has to make their own choice but one thing that can NOT be refuted is science and the science tells me that i batted around home and stpaulie is 13x more likely than me for a complete fail and 7x more likely than me to get covid again.
Thats the science. Cant be refuted.

Eitan Werthein, a top Israeli doctor, summarizes the ‘effectiveness’ of these rushed vaccines and what we can expect, even though so many people have received the vaccine, to the Jerusalem Post:

“We are going to be right in the same spot that we were one year ago. We are on the same route.”

I love Latezt Zcience. Have you listened to their new CD? It's fabulous, better than the Beatlez.
I rest my case. I told you that you couldnt discuss the science. Conversation exhausted. Others on the board will carefully read the new and wonderful science.
Go cats!

Follow the science ztpaul as the more current data comes in.
Are you going to deny the latest scientific study.by a "top" research consortium?
Natural immunity +1 turk
Pfizer 7x more doom
Sorry
Turk, did you actually read the study you’re referencing? It pretty clearly says that among people who had Covid and recovered, supplementing that with a vaccine is more protective than not supplementing with a vaccine. We can quibble with the study itself, but if you’re going to cite it, you should at least be clear about what it said.

Yeah, for those who intended to build up natural immunity by remaining unvaccinated but instead ended up dead, the plan didn't work out so well.

Turk, did you actually read the study you’re referencing? It pretty clearly says that among people who had Covid and recovered, supplementing that with a vaccine is more protective than not supplementing with a vaccine. We can quibble with the study itself, but if you’re going to cite it, you should at least be clear about what it said.
Yes I did. You missed the comparison that the science was based.
While your statement was true, ie., natural immunity plus a vaccine wouldnt be a bad thing, you had a total miss on the data which was comparing vaccinated vs natural immunity.

AUGUST 27,
"The new results are good news for patients who already successfully battled COVID-19, but show the challenge of relying exclusively on immunizations to move past the pandemic. People given both doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine were almost six-fold more likely to contract a delta infection and seven-fold more likely to have symptomatic disease than those who recovered."
Mic drop

Last edited:
Yeah, for those who intended to build up natural immunity by remaining unvaccinated but instead ended up dead, the plan didn't work out so well.
Doesnt always work out and vaccinated people are also now back at risk. Elderly hell ye should be vaxxed. Consider science and dont be so much against science. In doing so you will come to the truth, which is after all, not everyone is in sore need of a vaccine. Especially the millions that stood down and came thru with natural immunity. Love the organic way!

I love that COVID has not diminished your capacity for B*** S***.
AUGUST 27,
"The new results are good news for patients who already successfully battled COVID-19, but show the challenge of relying exclusively on immunizations to move past the pandemic. People given both doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine were almost six-fold more likely to contract a delta infection and seven-fold more likely to have symptomatic disease than those who recovered."
Mic drop

AUGUST 27,
Mic drop
I guarantee you the odds that a fully vaccinated person ever contracted COVID at all are tremendously lower than those who achieved natural immunity.

I saw the study and thought of you and thought it was compelling, but I still wonder if Lindsey Graham's best of both worlds path is the best. Lessen the severity of the breakthrough infection and then get both kinds of immunity. Maybe one of the smart medical people here can weigh in.

I guarantee you the odds that a fully vaccinated person ever contracted COVID at all are tremendously lower than those who achieved natural immunity.

I saw the study and thought of you and thought it was compelling, but I still wonder if Lindsey Graham's best of both worlds path is the best. Lessen the severity of the breakthrough infection and then get both kinds of immunity. Maybe one of the smart medical people here can weigh in.
You can but your credibility is vastly inferior to the top scientist that concluded very strongly using unfiltered data that natural immunity was comparatively favorable.
Science is evolving and never moreso than regarding covid. Even this new data may eventually be refuted.
I think your other non guarantee opinion may be close to the bullseye here. Consider my position. I have natural immunity however due to previous lung scarring in my life i ended up with a mild yet hospitalized status. Im not comfortable with that. Am i going to be mild again when im older?
I dont want to take that chance. So for me, i tend to agree with you that its reasonable for me to get a vaccine on top of my immunity. But not for several months.
The importance of the article was to inform the pfizer people that they arent out of the woods. They cant afford to be so arrogant in the light of new data.

Last edited:
Turk, as FeralFelidae points out in this quote, I think you missed the take away of that study. We’ve always known that it’s highly unlikely a person will get Covid two times. So it’s not really news that people who are vaccinated have a higher risk of getting Covid once compared to someone who already had Covid getting it a second time.

Certainly your takeaway from the study can’t be that your best way to protect yourself from covid is to….get covid.

Get the shot everyone.
Even if you already had covid.

Last edited:
I don’t know if this makes me a bad person or not, but Turk has spouted so much bullshit on these boards over the past few years there’s at least some doubt in my mind as to whether his COVID bout is legitimate and not simply made-up message board drivel.

I don’t know if this makes me a bad person or not, but Turk has spouted so much bullshit on these boards over the past few years there’s at least some doubt in my mind as to whether his COVID bout is legitimate and not simply made-up message board drivel.
I know what you’re saying, but at least two or three of us spoke to him while he was in the hospital i.e. we called the hospital not his cell phone. He had Covid and was hospitalized,And he was in what is considered to be probably the best hospital in my county for Covid treatment, Broward General Hospital, even though he lives in the next county. I spoke to him only very briefly because it was obvious that he was having some difficulty speaking, kind of sounded like a whisper.

I know what you’re saying, but at least two or three of us spoke to him while he was in the hospital i.e. we called the hospital not his cell phone. He had Covid and was hospitalized,And he was in what is considered to be probably the best hospital in my county for Covid treatment, Broward General Hospital, even though he lives in the next county. I spoke to him only very briefly because it was obvious that he was having some difficulty speaking, kind of sounded like a whisper.

Ok.

So he had Covid, Was pretty sick for a while, and I am glad to hear that he is doing a lot better and was discharged. What I do not agree with and I will never agree with is all the bullshit arguments and rationalizations and nonsense science for not getting vaccinated in the first place. I don’t care what he says about other methods of preventing the disease. Get vaccinated! He is quite honestly the only person I know who was adamant about not getting vaccinated,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT