ADVERTISEMENT

Remember when Charles Woodson...

Manning would be about the last former Vol I'd take shots at, seeing as how he's easily one of the best players in NFL history. It was pretty straight forward, surprised you missed it.
OK Thanks for sharing.

^^^^ when you run out of things to say.
Or when someone keeps saying the same thing over and over. To be clear, Mr. Manning is an NFL record holder and likely Hall of Famer who is now on the DL, while NU's own Trevor Siemian is #2 on the active depth chart on the same team. Is there any disagreement here?

Last edited:
Manning would be about the last former Vol I'd take shots at, seeing as how he's easily one of the best players in NFL history. It was pretty straight forward, surprised you missed it.

No doubt that Manning is one of the best to ever play. Unfortunately for him, there will always be a sidebar about how he came up short in big games. He won't even go down as the best quarterback of his generation:

> Super Bowl wins:
Brady - 4 (* includes cheating)
Manning - 1

> Playoff record:
Brady: 21-8 (* includes cheating)
Manning: 11-13

Throw in never beating Florida during his college career. Though to his credit, he did beat my Bears and former Gator quarterback Sexy Rexy Grossman in the Super Bowl.

No doubt that Manning is one of the best to ever play. Unfortunately for him, there will always be a sidebar about how he came up short in big games. He won't even go down as the best quarterback of his generation:

> Super Bowl wins:
Brady - 4 (* includes cheating)
Manning - 1

> Playoff record:
Brady: 21-8 (* includes cheating)
Manning: 11-13

Throw in never beating Florida during his college career. Though to his credit, he did beat my Bears and former Gator quarterback Sexy Rexy Grossman in the Super Bowl.

Well, you also forgot to mention that to his credit, he has won the MVP award more times than any other NFL player in history and is the only player to win the MVP award for more than one team. In addition, he has also thrown more TD passes and for more yardage than any other QB in NFL history.

Not big on trolling, but OP knows how to go straight for the jugular. Well played.

Nobody took a shot at Manning. The OP mentioned Charles Woodson, who IMO deserved the Heisman for his incredible play on offense as well as defense, was the biggest star on an undefeated Michigan team, and who had a reputation for playing outstanding in big games. Woodson is one of the best players in NFL history as well.

Manning had a fine year but lost again to Florida for like the third time in 1996, hence the "Citrus Bowl" remarks from Spurrier.

Now was the OP trolling? Well...

Nobody took a shot at Manning. The OP mentioned Charles Woodson, who IMO deserved the Heisman for his incredible play on offense as well as defense, was the biggest star on an undefeated Michigan team, and who had a reputation for playing outstanding in big games. Woodson is one of the best players in NFL history as well.

Manning had a fine year but lost again to Florida for like the third time in 1996, hence the "Citrus Bowl" remarks from Spurrier.

LOL.... The op knew exactly what he was doing. If you all were playing Florida, would the op have started this thread?

Actually, the year was 1997 and not '96 and UT didn't play in the Citrus Bowl that season because they won the SEC Championship and were awarded a trip to the Orange Bowl.

Actually, the year was 1997 and not '96 and UT didn't play in the Citrus Bowl that season because they won the SEC Championship and were awarded a trip to the Orange Bowl.

Yes, you're correct. NU played UT and Manning after the 1996 season but Woodson won the Heisman over Manning in 1997. My apologies for forgetting that.

Last time I checked Charles Woodson ain't playing for you guys on Jan 1.....are you really reaching to use Michigan players to take a shot at us?....just lol

Well, you also forgot to mention that to his credit, he has won the MVP award more times than any other NFL player in history and is the only player to win the MVP award for more than one team. In addition, he has also thrown more TD passes and for more yardage than any other QB in NFL history.

Never got a Heisman though...

So what? I was talking about his accomplishments in the NFL. Not being awarded the Heisman didn't seem to affect his pro career.

Great career, but do you think Peyton bangs his head against a wall during the Heisman ceremony every year, or every time he sees those Heisman House commercials, especially the ones with Woodson?

Great career, but do you think Peyton bangs his head against a wall during the Heisman ceremony every year, or every time he sees those Heisman House commercials, especially the ones with Woodson?

At least he has a college National Championship to ease his pain. Oh, wait...never mind.

I'm talking about his Heismanless college career...

Well, you can talk about it all you want but he still had a great career in both college and pro football. In fact, in one of his college games he even beat NU in a bowl game in which he was named the MVP.

No, I think he has had time to get over it. In fact, he has enough commercials of his own to do to occupy his time.

Well, you can talk about it all you want but he still had a great career in both college and pro football. In fact, in one of his college games he even beat NU in a bowl game in which he was named the MVP.

I get what you're saying...he was a great player. There's actually lots of great college players that aren't quite good enough to get the Heisman, or a National Championship.

Unfortunately, UT had to wait until the season after Peyton left to win the national championship but thanks for your concern anyway.

Guess who won a Heisman AND a National Championship?

Drum roll..................CHARLES WOODSON!!!

I am glad that you are such a great CW and Michigan fan especially since they are a rival team in the Big 10.

That guy was an amazing player in 1997. Clearly the best college football had to offer. Nobody could compare. Charles Woodson owned college football that season.

That guy was an amazing player in 1997. Clearly the best college football had to offer. Nobody could compare. Charles Woodson owned college football that season.

Yes, CW was a great player and Mich. had a good team during the 1997 season. However, the Mich. team this year also won a few big games including that shutout against NU 38-0.

Yes, CW was a great player and Mich. had a good team during the 1997 season. However, the Mich. team this year also won a few big games including that shutout against NU 38-0.

Just glad they didn't have Charles Woodson on their team. I mean...look at his collegiate accomplishments in 1997 alone!

Just glad they didn't have Charles Woodson on their team. I mean...look at his collegiate accomplishments in 1997 alone!

Wow, you are a real Charles Woodson admirer aren't you? I will leave you alone so you can fantasize about him since it is obvious he arouses you. I always heard that Virginia is for lovers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT