ADVERTISEMENT

Remember when Charles Woodson...

Who did Woodson beat out for the Heisman that year? I just can't place him.

To be fair, Peyton HAS done very well in the NFL. A true testament to the improvement in coaching he must have received once he got there.

Well, it's not like he wasn't talented in college. After all, he was a consensus All American and won the Johnny Unitas award as the best QB in the country.

Well, it's not like he wasn't talented in college. After all, he was a consensus All American and won the Johnny Unitas award as the best QB in the country.

I guess not talented enough to win the Heisman though.

To be fair, Peyton HAS done very well in the NFL. A true testament to the improvement in coaching he must have received once he got there.

Wait, that's Eli Manning's brother, isn't he? Yeah I kind of remember that guy now. Must suck to live in the shadow of your younger brother. And Charles Woodson.

Reactions: VirginiaWildcat
So what, there have been a lot of great players in college that didn't win the Heisman.

Not a lot of great players in college came runner up to a primarily defensive player for the Heisman though. I can think of only one off the top of my head.

Reactions: VirginiaWildcat
Tennessee has never had a Heisman Trophy winner and has only had 4 runner-ups (Manning, Majors, Shuler and Lauricella). How much must a program suck for their best players to be runner-up, and never have a Heisman winner?

Manning was so bad, he finished behind Darnell Autry when they were both Juniors...Since he finished 2nd as a Senior, I'm assuming that Autry won it...right?

Yawn..................................................................................

Definitely wasn't as good as Eli, who has more Super Bowl wins, both against Tom Brady. But being a lifelong #2 at everything isn't anything to be ashamed of...

I mean...Peyton wasn't terrible. He had a couple good games...

He couldn't beat Florida in college, but he did win an SEC Championship game and won his first 3 bowl games...take this one, for instance.

CV3PcmgXAAAGnfL.jpg

27/39 408 yds 4 tds 0 ints

He couldn't beat Florida in college, but he did win an SEC Championship game and won his first 3 bowl games...take this one, for instance.

CV3PcmgXAAAGnfL.jpg

27/39 408 yds 4 tds 0 ints

Just wasn't good enough for a Heisman. Did he ever even finish in the voting?

It sucks to have never had a Heisman winner and have 4 runner-ups. How does Northwestern deal with all of the Heisman runner-ups that they have had, never having a winner?

Every team dreams of having a player as good as Charkes Woodson...

I guess I could ride the shirt tails of Cam Newton, if we are just picking Heisman Trophy winners from our conference rather than our school. He is certainly doing well this year.

I mean...you could. I don't remember him well. Charles Woodson really sticks out to me for some reason...

I must confess that I am not really qualified to engage in any discussions with our honored guests from Tennessee because I always confuse the two schools with orange and white uniforms and a T shaped logo on their helmets. But I concede that Earl Campbell was a great running back, can't take that away from you guys. And he didn't get beat out by no defensive player. Hook em Horns!

Reactions: Fitz51
I must confess that I am not really qualified to engage in any discussions with our honored guests from Tennessee because I always confuse the two schools with orange and white uniforms and a T shaped logo on their helmets. But I concede that Earl Campbell was a great running back, can't take that away from you guys. And he didn't get beat out by no defensive player. Hook em Horns!

Texas has never had a T on their helmet, so you are correct that you are not qualified....no more qualified than I am to engage in any discussion about Purple teams named Northwestern. With that being said, Go Demons!

large_Northwestern_State_-_Primary3_Mascot.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT