ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for the B1G Championship Game

Trick plays only work if things are perfect. Too many trick plays.

Result notwithstanding, I dont love the play call there to Lees.

3rd and long...stay in FG range at a minimum!

Reactions: ThirdCoast
Result notwithstanding, I dont love the play call there to Lees.

3rd and long...stay in FG range at a minimum!
Except we didn't. Run up the middle would have been better.
Trick plays are the result of two things 1)you are clearly superior in the situation or 2) you are desperate.

I think we all came into this game thinking we might need a trick play today. But the evidence is clear that we don’t, and in fact they’ve hurt us. Adjust!

Lees still doesn't know how to throw a blown up reverse away - 0 for 2.

Besides the reverses, we also need to lose the wildcat formation this game - it's not working.

OSU has figured out one of our weaknesses is a lack of depth on the DL and is trying to take advantage by wearing us down. Now Saunders is hurt. Ouch.

We have a hard nosed running back who should be relatively fresh...use him.
If you are talking about Bowser, you haven't been paying attention this year. He has lost a step or hurt his shoulder which ruins his running style. Good pass blocker but that telegraphs the play.

They are really just dominating us up front. If our front 4 cant keep their big guys off our LBs we are going to continue chasing Sermon down the field for the entire 4th quarter.

Reactions: corbi296
I think that’s about it. We needed to convert TDs to have a chance in the 4th quarter. I’m not sure I see a way out of this if they’re able to run straight over us. Our game depends on creating and capitalizing on turnovers and they’re not going to need to pass it.

I think that’s about it. We needed to convert TDs to have a chance in the 4th quarter. I’m not sure I see a way out of this if they’re able to run straight over us. Our game depends on creating and capitalizing on turnovers and they’re not going to need to pass it.
Let's see if we can score on this drive, Mr. Grumpypants!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT