ADVERTISEMENT

transfer portal

Best lacrosse player in the country at Loyola. Used up his eligibility. Tavaras saw him at hoops open gyms and recommended that he was good enough to play at NU. Tavaras was right.

Here's an ESPN article on it - enjoyable read...

Best lacrosse player in the country at Loyola. Used up his eligibility. Tavaras saw him at hoops open gyms and recommended that he was good enough to play at NU. Tavaras was right.
So NU was his only basketball opportunity?

Out of the NBA draft and back to campus...

AJ Hoggard (Sparty)
Jaden Akins (Sparty)
Clifford Omoruyi (Rutgers)

Next up... Chase Audige...

He has potential tho and maybe this year he'll finish the work to get to that level.

You forgot the sarcasm font.
I interpret this decision to mean that Audige is ready to be done with college and get on with his life. His goal is to play pro basketball in some shape or form and see where it take him. I'm sure he realizes he's not going to be in the NBA next season, but he also doesn't want to go back to school. I totally understand it.

Reactions: ThirdCoast
I interpret this decision to mean that Audige is ready to be done with college and get on with his life. His goal is to play pro basketball in some shape or form and see where it take him. I'm sure he realizes he's not going to be in the NBA next season, but he also doesn't want to go back to school. I totally understand it.
And I guess whatever NIL package was offered to him wasn't enough compensation?

• Wow
Reactions: PurpleWhiteBoy
Absolutely understand it. He did his job well and doesn’t owe anybody anything.

Maybe a trophy grab. UConn is not exactly rolling with big money donors to pay for players. I wish we had them. Maybe there'd be better fundraising for cancer research here.
I guess that could be, but Spencer made it pretty clear he was leaving Rutgers for better NIL opportunities. I would be VERY surprised if Spencer is not handsomely compensated. A Natty can bring in a lot of cash.

And now Paul Mulcahy enters the transfer portal, screwing Steve Pikiell...

Apparently he texted his ex-teammate (and fellow Rutgers grad) Cam Spencer.
"Hey, how much is UConn paying you?"
"A sh*tload."
"Thats it - I'm done here. Goodbye Piscataway!"

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: EagerFan and NJCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT