ADVERTISEMENT

transfer portal

Chris Ledlum out of Harvard is another interesting name.
Ledlum 6'6" 225 lbs Harvard Has played 3 years.

"According to Adam Zagoria with the New York Times, Florida, Tennessee, Vanderbilt and LSU out of the SEC are interested in the 6-foot-6 Ledlum. is scheduled for a visit with Michigan State, Xavier, Gonzaga, Wake Forest, St. John’s, UCLA, Michigan, Villanova, Oklahoma, Maryland, Virginia and Pitt also interested." (from March 14)

I think Keegan Records (Colgate) might be worth a look as a grad transfer.
6'10" 245. Has played 4 years in the Patriot League.
Frontcourt depth.

13 pts, 6 rebounds in a blowout loss to Auburn
23 pts, 10 rebounds in a win at Brown.
6 pts, 8 rebounds in a win at Syracuse.
13 pts, 6 rebounds in 24 minutes of blowout loss to Texas in NCAA first round.

Everyone enjoying the portal/pay them world? Just the second inning.
I think the portal/NIL blowing up at the same time everyone has a free Covid year is making it worse. Once all the Covid-era players cycle through it will calm down some. This is here to stay, but it shouldn’t be as hectic in a couple years. We certainly won’t have as many 24-year-olds taking up roster spots on teams in the future.

I think the portal/NIL blowing up at the same time everyone has a free Covid year is making it worse. Once all the Covid-era players cycle through it will calm down some. This is here to stay, but it shouldn’t be as hectic in a couple years. We certainly won’t have as many 24-year-olds taking up roster spots on teams in the future.
The dynamics are really bad for class of 2021/2022 players. You're getting pushed down a full level if you transfer. If you stay, you won't get playing time or the coach will cut you the next year. Then you'll have to wait until you graduate to transfer again.

Caleb Love is going to MI and I am loving it. I have the gut feeling this dude is a locker room destroyer.

I have always believed we had a built in advantage against losing players. More academically minded athletes who value the degree more than the average student athlete. I think a good indication of that is that the guys we have lost in the last few seasons had availability, but also left with a degree.

The dichotomy of achieving some success is that while we might be more attractive for transfers, our players are also more attractive to others. Throw some NIL in there and losing 2 players this season would be very positive.

Here's to hoping we now lose players because they are good, and not because we sucked and Kevin O'Neil was an ass. Still scarred from being a new Cats fan and seeing Ben Johnson and Steve Lepore jumping ship.

Oregon 7 footer Kel'el Ware transfers to Indiana. Sophomore. Was a top 25 recruit out of High School.
Indiana also picks up Peyton Sparks, 6'9" 240 who started 2 seasons for Ball State.

Of course they have a few on the outbound ship as well.

Meanwhile, Duke has gotten the news that freshmen Tyrese Proctor and Kyle Filipowski (late first rounder?) are both returning for their sophomore season and passing on the NBA for now. Filipowski's announcement led to an immediate de-commit from an incoming high schooler.

Michigan State has convinced Malik Hall and star guard Tyson Walker to return for their 5th season. Walker, who was the #2, 3 or 4 guard in the Big Ten last year, played two years for Northeastern before transferring to MSU. Joey Hauser is in the same situation as Chase Audige with eligibility (it would be his 6th year of college), but has indicated that he is finished playing college ball.

Reactions: ballerog711
UMass, Suffolk, Emerson

Technically BC, Harvard and MIT are not in Boston. Or the not mentioned Tufts

Off-topic: (and apologies in advance to students and alumni of all the Boston-area colleges that this might offend.)

This mini "thread within a thread" reminds me of a joke that my Dad used to tell:

If you meet another college student in the Boston/Cambridge area, you start by asking, "Do you attend BU?"​
You have to start with this so you don't offend a BU student by asking them if they go to Harvard.​
If they answer no, then you ask, "Oh, so you attend Harvard?"​
If they answer no again, then you follow up with, "Ah, so you must go to MIT?"​
If they answer no for a third time, you stop talking to them and walk away.​

Off-topic: (and apologies in advance to students and alumni of all the Boston-area colleges that this might offend.)

This mini "thread within a thread" reminds me of a joke that my Dad used to tell:

If you meet another college student in the Boston/Cambridge area, you start by asking, "Do you attend BU?"​
You have to start with this so you don't offend a BU student by asking them if they go to Harvard.​
If they answer no, then you ask, "Oh, so you attend Harvard?"​
If they answer no again, then you follow up with, "Ah, so you must go to MIT?"​
If they answer no for a third time, you stop talking to them and walk away.​
So I assume from the joke that it's somehow undesirable to insult a student from BU but it's okay to insult those other students you would walk away from?

UMass, Suffolk, Emerson

Technically BC, Harvard and MIT are not in Boston. Or the not mentioned Tufts
UMass (the division 1 school) is in Amherst. There is a UMass-Boston but that's a D3 school.

Julian Roper was at ND yesterday on a visit, along with PSU decommit Logan Imes. Looks like Shrewsberry will completely raid PSU's class, bringing over Imes, Carey Booth, Shrewsberry's kid, plus current freshman Kebba Njie.

Julian Roper was at ND yesterday on a visit, along with PSU decommit Logan Imes. Looks like Shrewsberry will completely raid PSU's class, bringing over Imes, Carey Booth, Shrewsberry's kid, plus current freshman Kebba Njie.

And Rhoades is looking to raid VCU. Nick Kern and Ace Baldwin are both following him to Happy Valley. Looks like VCU is also losing players to IU, Baylor and FSU. They did however land frequent flyer Joe Bamisle! Gonna be a tough year for the Rams.

Also guessing Ryan Odom will look to raid Utah State. That’s college hoops in 2023 for you.

Last edited:
Looks like Wisconsin picked up a couple of capable D1 players via transfer...

AJ Storr, who started the last 17 games as a freshman for Saint Johns and grew up in Rockford, IL. Averaged 8.8 ppg. Shot 40% from 3. 6'6" wing.

The Badgers also picked up Noah Reynolds, who played two seasons for Wyoming and grew up in Peoria, IL. He averaged 14.5 ppg for the Cowboys before getting injured in early February. 6'3" guard.

Lastly, Jordan Davis is in the outbound portal and Tyler Wahl has decided to return for a 5th season.

Hunter Dickinson has committed to Kansas, in case anyone missed it.
If Edey goes pro, that would make Big Matt the biggest big in the Big Ten.

Caleb Love is going to MI and I am loving it. I have the gut feeling this dude is a locker room destroyer.

I have always believed we had a built in advantage against losing players. More academically minded athletes who value the degree more than the average student athlete. I think a good indication of that is that the guys we have lost in the last few seasons had availability, but also left with a degree.

The dichotomy of achieving some success is that while we might be more attractive for transfers, our players are also more attractive to others. Throw some NIL in there and losing 2 players this season would be very positive.

Here's to hoping we now lose players because they are good, and not because we sucked and Kevin O'Neil was an ass. Still scarred from being a new Cats fan and seeing Ben Johnson and Steve Lepore jumping ship.
Other than Roper this year. Or does he already have his degree?

Other than Roper this year. Or does he already have his degree?

Going to have to assume Roper transferred for one of three reasons...

a) Audige and Buie are coming back.
b) He didn't like playing for Chris Collins.
c) He didn't like Northwestern.

Roper definitely doesn't have a college degree, but he did transfer to a school with a good academic reputation.

Roper definitely doesn't have a college degree, but he did transfer to a school with a good academic reputation.
d) better NIL elsewhere

Reactions: PurpleWhiteBoy

A long-shot but plausible reason d) would be that we was lured away by a much more attractive NIL deal.

Reactions: PurpleWhiteBoy

No Love for Michigan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT