ADVERTISEMENT

3 NU alums on Chargers active roster for game against the Ravens

WestCoastWildcat

May 29, 2001
Del Mar, CA
Slater, Gaziano and Jackson are 3 Wildcats listed on the active roster for the Chargers in their game today against the Ravens and all are likely to see action. Gaziano was activated last week from the practice squad and got a key sack against the Browns. Jackson came off IR and is back listed as backup RB on the depth chart. We all know the great year Slater is having on the Chargers o-line.

I checked and only Florida State with 4 has more alums on the Chargers active roster than Northwestern. Ohio State and ND also have 3. Has Northwestern ever had 3 or more players on an NFL team’s active roster, and where all the players saw the field? Good to see the program well-represented in the NFL.

Slater, Gaziano and Jackson are 3 Wildcats listed on the active roster for the Chargers in their game today against the Ravens and all are likely to see action. Gaziano was activated last week from the practice squad and got a key sack against the Browns. Jackson came off IR and is back listed as backup RB on the depth chart. We all know the great year Slater is having on the Chargers o-line.

I checked and only Florida State with 4 has more alums on the Chargers active roster than Northwestern. Ohio State and ND also have 3. Has Northwestern ever had 3 or more players on an NFL team’s active roster, and where all the players saw the field? Good to see the program well-represented in the NFL.
The Packers had Lancaster, Lowry, and Vitale all playing a few years ago, with Ibraheim Campbell in a backup role.

Awesome for Gaz.

Inactive lists for afternoon games haven’t been announced yet.
OK, I probably jumped the gun. They're all listed on the active roster on the Browns website, but Newsome and Walker have been out a few games now. Hopefully they'll be back today. Big game against the Cardinals. They need Newsome out there on the field.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
OK, I probably jumped the gun. They're all listed on the active roster on the Browns website, but Newsome and Walker have been out a few games now. Hopefully they'll be back today. Big game against the Cardinals. They need Newsome out there on the field.
Walker played last week. Newsome II indeed was active today.

Reactions: NU Houston

Not a great game for the Chargers today. Jackson had one catch for 7 yards. Slater and the oline had a lot of problems with pressure from the Ravens defense. Don’t know how many reps Gaziano got today. Definitely a dominant game by the Ravens in all phases.

Walker played last week. Newsome II indeed was active today.
Good first half by Newsome, though the D struggled overall. The other CB picked up two PI penalties.

Hance starting at LT. Nice Hail Mary TD to end the half for the Browns.

Browns rolled by Cardinals. A Walker had a decent game. Newsome for some reason was out for almost the entire second half, replaced by Greedy Williams, who struggled. Newsome back in last few minutes when game was over. He's a better option than Greedy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT