ADVERTISEMENT

A Tale of Two Halves - with Technical Difficulties in Alaska and Ryan Field in the First Half

Alaskawildkat

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2005
This is what the game looked like on the TV Screen in the first half here in Alaska. I think the screen should also have read "This team [The Wildcats] should be available shortly."

Thank goodness the technical difficulties were resolved by the start of the second half by both the Alaska cable provider and the Wildcats.

As Coach Fitz said at the conclusion, "We went from two scores down at the end of the half to two scores up at the end of the game." His answer to every other question in the on-field postgame questioning was, "Resilience."

With the Wildcat total at 31, my prediction thread score for the 'Cats held up, but the Wolf Pack added a touchdown to the 13 points I expected. If I recall correctly there were at least several of us pegging the Wildcats for 31 points in the prediction thread so it is hard to say all -in-all that the team did not live up to expectations today.

Nice win to start the season! Go Cats!

IMG_6090_zps4zdfpqwb.jpg

Gotta love "TheC's" response during the 1st Half game thread when I posted the above there with the comment that, "So far this is all I am getting on TV. Listening to the WGN feed. Two times in the Red Zone and no score on either with Nevada posed to score again before the half to go ahead two scores."

... and TheC's response:

TheC:

"I like your feed better."

112 TheC, Today at 4:03 PM

Last edited:
Quote:
"With the Wildcat total at 31, my prediction thread score for the 'Cats held up, but the Wolf Pack added a touchdown to the 13 points I expected. If I recall correctly there were at least several of us pegging the Wildcats for 31 points in the prediction thread so it is hard to say all -in-all that the team did not live up to expectations today."

OK went back and counted 5 who predicted the 'Cats would score 31 points, and 3 others had the 'Cats with 30.

Congrats to Fitz51 though for nailing it correctly for both teams.

I also see JerseyCat on HailtoPurple's Lowes line also pegged Northwestern for 31 points in a winning effort.:

http://hailtopurple.com/features/lowesline17h31.html

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT