ADVERTISEMENT

About that playoff decision...

Hungry Jack

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2008
the cotton fields and bus shelters
www.cbc.ca
Warning: shameless self promotion ahead

Fellow football fans, the firm that I work for, Decision Lens, publishes a very unique decision modeling tool that is very useful in complex prioritization decisions. I work as a client manager, which means I help build the models, facilitate the process, and run analytics. It is a really fun job because the software is very cool and unique, and the implementation requires a lot of teaching (i teach finance on the side) and consulting-type of org development.

Last year, I developed a model to rank the teams for the CFP using a set of simple criteria. The model worked really well. I just finished the initial analysis of this year's ranking, our marketing team put up on the blog. This is the link for the post:

http://blog.decisionlens.com/2016-college-football-playoff/

I would love to get your comments on this here or on our web site. It is great fun doing this every where. My only wish is that our team back in the DC headquarters was more passionate about college football!

In your model, if Ped State beats Wisky, do they get into the top 4? That would be horrible.

That's where the "Hungary" in "Hungary Jack" comes from. I was named after Bela Bartok by my Prussian-born mother. Though I was born in Missouri. Go figure.
Bartok- one of my favorite composers. I love his folk song melodies and hard-driving rhythmic segments in his compositions. The 10 Easy Pieces for Piano is one of my favorites with its folk melodies along with the Concerto for 2 Pianos and Percussion which has to be seen in a live performance to get the full impact of the piece.

Bartok- one of my favorite composers. I love his folk song melodies and hard-driving rhythmic segments in his compositions. The 10 Easy Pieces for Piano is one of my favorites with its folk melodies along with the Concerto for 2 Pianos and Percussion which has to be seen in a live performance to get the full impact of the piece.

Perhaps we could get the B1G RoY to favor us with a piece or two after the Season....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT