ADVERTISEMENT

All the right teams lost for our best bowl game, right?

Yeah we're not going to Detroit now.

Nebraska and Illinois were 2 of the teams that could have jumped us, but with both at 5-7 that's off the table. Minnesota as well.

We'll probably be behind Wisconsin in the order, but that's not a big deal with so many teams finishing with losing records here.

It’s gotta be Pinstripe or Music City right? And if another B1G team ends up in the Cotton or Peach Bowl (ie Penn State, with OSU in the Orange Bowl), the Reliaquest (Outback)?

Reactions: drewjin
It’s gotta be Pinstripe or Music City right? And if another B1G team ends up in the Cotton or Peach Bowl (ie Penn State, with OSU in the Orange Bowl), the Reliaquest (Outback)?
If Big Ten uses Orange, Outback/Reliaquest goes to ACC (that's the swap that happens for Big Ten/SEC/ACC).

Citrus - Iowa
Las Vegas - Wisconsin

We should be in Pinstripe or Music City then yeah with Maryland in one we don't go to...

Maryland to Music City, NU to Pinstripe makes most sense.

Putting odds on it, I'd say 60% chance of Pinstripe, 30% chance of Music City, 10% chance of Guaranteed Rate (PHX) or Las Vegas.

Last edited:
Cheatigan to playoffs.
tOSU & PSU to NY6
Iowa to Citrus
Wisconsin to Reliaquest
Beauty contest between us, Maryland, and Rutgers ...
Maryland to Nashville
Us to Vegas
Rutgers to Pinstripe
... maybe?
I think Detroit and one other of the bottom-tier bowls (Guaranteed Rate) has to go outside the conference.

If Big Ten uses Orange, Outback/Reliaquest goes to ACC (that's the swap that happens for Big Ten/SEC/ACC).

Citrus - Iowa
Las Vegas - Wisconsin

We should be in Pinstripe or Music City then yeah with Maryland in one we don't go to...

Putting odds on it, I'd say 60% chance of Pinstripe, 30% chance of Music City, 10% chance of Guaranteed Rate (PHX) or Las Vegas.
Maryland in Pinstripe in 2021 and so not going back 2yrs later.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat

Citrus - Iowa
Las Vegas - Wisconsin

I wouldn't be shocked if Rutgers jumps us which would be fine with me:
Citrus - Iowa
LV - Wisconsin
Music City - Maryland
Pinstripe - Rutgers
Guaranteed Rate - NU

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
I wouldn't be shocked if Rutgers jumps us which would be fine with me:
Citrus - Iowa
LV - Wisconsin
Music City - Maryland
Pinstripe - Rutgers
Guaranteed Rate - NU
But Wisconsin was in the LV bowl 2 years ago. So probably just swap Wisconsin into Music City and Maryland to Vegas in your projections.

Factors unique to this season:
  • National scandal to start season
  • Leads to interim HC w zero win expectation
  • Leads to B1G HC of the year - mostly as interim
  • Decimated recruiting classes
  • Absolutely terrible team last two seasons
Mix in one bowl in five years. Alumni that travels.

NU is a national broadcast wet dream. Throw in stories about Bryant, Niro, Henning. Or how about best first year coach for NU since? Better than Golden Boy, RW and Saint Barney.

They can talk about the new stadium. Recent MBB success. National champion LAX squad. Lakefill, recent 1st picks, etc

They will have NU crap to fill every minute of the broadcast. Unlike some years, if I’m a bowl committee, I want this team and it’s stories to fill up my ratings.

NU is a national broadcast wet dream. Throw in stories about Bryant, Niro, Henning. Or how about best first year coach for NU since? Better than Golden Boy, RW and Saint Barney.

They can talk about the new stadium. Recent MBB success. National champion LAX squad. Lakefill, recent 1st picks, etc

They will have NU crap to fill every minute of the broadcast. Unlike some years, if I’m a bowl committee, I want this team and it’s stories to fill up my ratings.
Honestly, great points here.

Reactions: IGNORE2

Yeah, but what if Chase Daniel’s mom is at the game?

Cheatigan to playoffs.
tOSU & PSU to NY6
Iowa to Citrus
Wisconsin to Reliaquest
Maryland to Nashville
Us to Vegas
Rutgers to Pinstripe
... maybe?
I think Detroit and one other of the bottom-tier bowls (Guaranteed Rate) has to go outside the conference.
Keeping in mind that the Bowl selections are mainly geared to getting the team that will bring the most fans, Rutgers going to Pinstripe makes the most sense. NU was at PInstripe in 2016 and Music Bowl in 2017. Most likely Cats will go to either Vegas or Phoenix.

Keeping in mind that the Bowl selections are mainly geared to getting the team that will bring the most fans, Rutgers going to Pinstripe makes the most sense. NU was at PInstripe in 2016 and Music Bowl in 2017. Most likely Cats will go to either Vegas or Phoenix.
Honest, not set up, question: which factors higher - butts in seats or ratings? I assume a lot of the bowls sell out so the only variable for them are the ratings.

Cheatigan to playoffs.
tOSU & PSU to NY6
Iowa to Citrus
Wisconsin to Reliaquest
Maryland to Nashville
Us to Vegas
Rutgers to Pinstripe
... maybe?
Reliaquest/Outback goes to ACC if Big Ten takes Orange Bowl (presumably with Ohio State).

I change my mind, Rutgers getting Pinstripe makes a ton of sense.

NU to Phoenix sounds like most obvious situation.

Las Vegas - Maryland
Music City - Wisconsin
Pinstripe- Rutgers
Guaranteed Rate - NU

Factor against a bowl picking NU:

The home crowds this season. Many fans still seem to be boycotting the team as a message to the administration.

Why I think it was key for Nebraska to not be bowl eligible. They would have jumped us too…

Citrus - Iowa
Las Vegas - Wisconsin

I rather take Music City over Pinstripe. Detroit is a very nice dome. NY is the snow magnet of the US. We have played in both before , but with the Music City Bowl , you are much less likely to get dumped on with snow.

• Love
Reactions: Bwm57 and drewjin
Factor against a bowl picking NU:

The home crowds this season. Many fans still seem to be boycotting the team as a message to the administration.
Could you tell me what the fans have been boycotting the last decade that has kept attendance low?

Reactions: KappaKat
Could you tell me what the fans have been boycotting the last decade that has kept attendance low?
The crowds were worse this season than I've ever seen them (besides the COVID year when crowds weren't allowed). I've never seen the student section so sparse. The Maryland crowd was shameful.

Maybe it was worse during the Dark Ages, but that was before my time.

I rather take Music City over Pinstripe. Detroit is a very nice dome. NY is the snow magnet of the US. We have played in both before , but with the Music City Bowl , you are much less likely to get dumped on with snow.
During our last Pinstripe, Mrs Phat and our daughter spent most of the 2nd half in the Yankee museum to stay warm

• Haha
Reactions: drewjin
We were quite cold at the last Music City bowl. Late afternoon/evening game with temps in the 30s. We had the warmer packs in our boots. I am used to being out in the cold but when you think about almost 4 hours just sitting or standing in place, that makes it colder than if you were walking around or doing something recreational.

We were quite cold at the last Music City bowl. Late afternoon/evening game with temps in the 30s. We had the warmer packs in our boots. I am used to being out in the cold but when you think about almost 4 hours just sitting or standing in place, that makes it colder than if you were walking around or doing something recreational.
The parade and outdoor festivities the day before were even colder.

Reactions: No Chores
I really really hope it's not the Pinstripe. If that's where we go, I probably won't attend because the weather will be terrible and the date would dramatically impact our family Christmas reunion in Katy, Texas. I live in Erie Pa., and we are supposed to get 12 - 18 inches of snow in the next couple of days. It's all lake effect and we live within walking distance of the lake. So please let it be Phoenix, Vegas, or Nashville.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT