ADVERTISEMENT

Aloha and Accolades to a great Team for a great Team Effort

Alaskawildkat

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2005
Watching the win here in Waikiki. Anthony Walker's grab at the goal line set the stage for an exciting game that more than proved the Pittsburgh Coach's prediction at the presser that Northwestern was "the best 6 win team in the nation."

Can't be prouder to be a Wildcat! Thanks to each member of the team for a great game and a memorable year.

Watching the win here in Waikiki. Anthony Walker's grab at the goal line set the stage for an exciting game that more than proved the Pittsburgh Coach's prediction at the presser that Northwestern was "the best 6 win team in the nation."

Can't be prouder to be a Wildcat! Thanks to each member of the team for a great game and a memorable year.

No better way to honor the Cats then by throwing a purple lei on the Duke!

How did this happen without a moose sighting?

That explains it.

No further moose sightings since flying out of Alaska, but .......

FWIW The President's motorcade passed right in front of me late last night as we were both leaving Waikiki.

Last time that happened was on his visit to Alaska and NU won its next game.

Last edited:

FWIW The President's motorcade passed right in front of me late last night as we were both leaving Waikiki.

I don't like our chances if we have to rely on the POTUS motorcade passing by to get that winning vibe. Let's stick with the Moose.

I don't like our chances if we have to rely on the POTUS motorcade passing by to get that winning vibe. Let's stick with the Moose.

IMG_3594_zpshqdrr646.png

FWIW, on the drive back from the Airport to retrieve my luggage earlier this morning I encountered another Moose along the roadway. Portends good things for the year ahead?

(Fortunate to have taken an earlier flight as multiple later flights ended up being cancelled for my routing from Reno to Alaska via Portland where ice storms were grounding planes consequent from the same storm system that threatened flooding in Northern Nevada - though before leaving Nevada was able to assist NU Alum son's family in Carson City with sand bag filling and placement.)

IMG_4390_zpsaxobwpei.jpg

Last time, the President's Motorcade appearance preceded Northwestern's season opening win against Stanford:

photo_zps42dfc035.jpg
photo_zpsec408005.jpg

This time, the President's Motorcade appearance precedes our season opening game against the Reno based Nevada Wolf Pack. (Maybe that is an additional reason why their local paper is heralding a "State of Emergency.")

IMG_3594_zpshqdrr646.png
IMG_4390_zpsaxobwpei.jpg

Last edited:
Those are nice shots but you should have your make up artist come in and brush the snow of the moose's face.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Those are nice shots but you should have your make up artist come in and brush the snow of the moose's face.

Yes, the frosted trees certainly did make for a surreal movie set effect. Here are some added views looking up from my office parking lot yesterday.

IMG_4482_zpsstpyessq.jpg
IMG_4485_zpsvxvfeaia.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT