ADVERTISEMENT

Alonzo Mayo is healthy?

freewillie07

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2017
Saw him in on defense late in the game. What's up with that? He wasn't on the two-deep, and no one even considered he'd be playing. Guess our DB depth is getting better by the week.

Saw him in on defense late in the game. What's up with that? He wasn't on the two-deep, and no one even considered he'd be playing. Guess our DB depth is getting better by the week.

Yup. Campbell, McShepherd and Bullock still out, though.

Bullock's Twitter page said he had surgery last week (though Fitz had called him day-to-day) and I think I saw Campbell on the sideline with a sling on one arm. So not sure if/when we can expect those guys back. I also saw Westphal in street clothes and don't think Whillock has played.

It is crazy how many injuries have occurred to the secondary in such a short period of time. We lost like five guys within two weeks.

Hoping McShep will be back for Wisky...would be nice to have another vet back for that one. Too bad about Whillock, based on Paddy's performance, I'm looking forward to seeing the other Katy Tiger.

Reactions: NU Houston
Anyone know if Pace is okay? He was going for the interception when he got a head clunk from the BG end also going for the ball.

Anyone know if Pace is okay? He was going for the interception when he got a head clunk from the BG end also going for the ball.
That was a frustrating play. Bowling Green called a timeout with a few seconds left in the game and down by 42 points, to get one last shot at the end zone. Our guy got hurt as a result. Should have just let up and given them the darned TD.

That was a frustrating play. Bowling Green called a timeout with a few seconds left in the game and down by 42 points, to get one last shot at the end zone. Our guy got hurt as a result. Should have just let up and given them the darned TD.

They called a timeout to avoid the runoff.

(Sheesh, tough crowd this morning after a blowout win.)

5289465+_b5033e41c86914e0f0ba519f50f2f4e0.jpg

Isn't that what I said?
I didn't mean to be snippy. Just thought the timeout was completely unnecessary, and I'm peeved that one of our guys got hurt in the last seconds of a blowout game. If they really wanted to take a shot at the end zone, then run a corner route but not a crossing route where players are likely to bang into each other.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT