ADVERTISEMENT

An old article celebrating a Wildcat recruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

PurpleWhiteBoy

Feb 25, 2021

I found it an interesting read...
Here are some excerpts...

"When Mike Bajakian officially became Northwestern’s new offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach in December, he knew he would have to get to work quickly — the Wildcats still needed a quarterback recruit for the class of 2020... “I had my first phone contact with him, and in the conversation, he mentioned that he was set to graduate midyear,” Bajakian said. “But he was not happy with the offers he had available to him. I had a conversation with Coach (Pat Fitzgerald), we tossed it around a little bit, and before you know it we were having a conversation about bringing him in midyear.”
Just over a week after Bajakian took the job, Carl Richardson had committed to NU.

“He’s got an outgoing personality,” Bajakian said. “He’s very confident and he’s very attentive."

That outgoing personality was displayed at the annual student-athlete lip sync battle in early March, when Richardson performed the popular “Napoleon Dynamite” dance as the only solo act. He said defensive lineman Joe Spivak, who hosted the event, forced him into it, but still called it one of the highlights of his quarter.

“Coach Bajakian, knowing his background, knowing what type of mind he has about the offensive coordinator position was one of the biggest selling points,” Richardson said. “And Coach Fitzgerald, having that stability in the head coaching position and Northwestern being his alma mater, I could tell there was a tradition of winning and excellence with this program that I was so fired up to have the opportunity to be a part of.”

F*** this.
@Hungry Jack be all like

pet sweater GIF

Reactions: FeralFelidae

I found it an interesting read...
Here are some excerpts...

"When Mike Bajakian officially became Northwestern’s new offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach in December, he knew he would have to get to work quickly — the Wildcats still needed a quarterback recruit for the class of 2020... “I had my first phone contact with him, and in the conversation, he mentioned that he was set to graduate midyear,” Bajakian said. “But he was not happy with the offers he had available to him. I had a conversation with Coach (Pat Fitzgerald), we tossed it around a little bit, and before you know it we were having a conversation about bringing him in midyear.”
Just over a week after Bajakian took the job, Carl Richardson had committed to NU.

“He’s got an outgoing personality,” Bajakian said. “He’s very confident and he’s very attentive."

That outgoing personality was displayed at the annual student-athlete lip sync battle in early March, when Richardson performed the popular “Napoleon Dynamite” dance as the only solo act. He said defensive lineman Joe Spivak, who hosted the event, forced him into it, but still called it one of the highlights of his quarter.

“Coach Bajakian, knowing his background, knowing what type of mind he has about the offensive coordinator position was one of the biggest selling points,” Richardson said. “And Coach Fitzgerald, having that stability in the head coaching position and Northwestern being his alma mater, I could tell there was a tradition of winning and excellence with this program that I was so fired up to have the opportunity to be a part of.”

Tank Ledger forced him to Lip Synch. The horror! 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: Hungry Jack
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT