ADVERTISEMENT

Anderson's quals from Wikipedia

EvanstonCat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
College career
Anderson was a two-year letterman on the offensive line (2000–2001)[3] for the Michigan Wolverines and was the starting center. He received the Hugh R. Rader Jr. Memorial Award[4] as the team's top offensive lineman and was selected All-Big Ten Conference by the conference coaches following the 2001 season. He was a member of the 1997 Michigan squad that won the 1998 Rose Bowl on the way to a national championship. He also played in the 1999 Citrus Bowl, the 2000 Orange Bowl, the 2001 Florida Citrus Bowl, and the 2002 Florida Citrus Bowls. He signed as an undrafted free agent with the Arizona Cardinals of the National Football League (NFL)in 2002.[5]

Coaching career
In 2005, Anderson was an assistant coach at Indiana State where he worked with the offensive tackles and tight ends. In 2006, Anderson was a defensive quality control coach at The University of Michigan.[6] Anderson spent the 2007[7] season as a graduate assistant coach for the offensive line. Anderson joined the Eastern Michigan staff on April 2, 2008[8] as tight ends coach before shifting to the offensive line and run game coordinator in 2009. In 2010, Eastern Michigan finished with 2,080 yards rushing. The Eagles' ground attack was extremely effective during the 2011 campaign, Eastern Michigan rushed for 2,620 yards and 16 touchdowns on 575 carries for the 14th-best ground attack in the nation. A record two-year combined total of 4,700 yards for Eastern Michigan. On January 28, 2013, Anderson joined the Buffalo Bills staff as an offensive quality control coach.[9] On January 26, 2015, it was announced that Anderson was retained and promoted to assistant offensive line coach, by newly named head coach Rex Ryan.[10] In 2015, Anderson coached the Buffalo Bills offensive line that paved the way to 2,432 yards rushing, 152 yards rushing per game, 4.8 yards per attempt, and 19 rushing touchdowns; all marks were best in the NFL on the season.[11] On January 9, 2016 Anderson was introduced as the offensive line coach at the University of Arkansas by head coach Bret Bielema.[12][13]

Reactions: Aging Booster
College career
Anderson was a two-year letterman on the offensive line (2000–2001)[3] for the Michigan Wolverines and was the starting center. He received the Hugh R. Rader Jr. Memorial Award[4] as the team's top offensive lineman and was selected All-Big Ten Conference by the conference coaches following the 2001 season. He was a member of the 1997 Michigan squad that won the 1998 Rose Bowl on the way to a national championship. He also played in the 1999 Citrus Bowl, the 2000 Orange Bowl, the 2001 Florida Citrus Bowl, and the 2002 Florida Citrus Bowls. He signed as an undrafted free agent with the Arizona Cardinals of the National Football League (NFL)in 2002.[5]

Coaching career
In 2005, Anderson was an assistant coach at Indiana State where he worked with the offensive tackles and tight ends. In 2006, Anderson was a defensive quality control coach at The University of Michigan.[6] Anderson spent the 2007[7] season as a graduate assistant coach for the offensive line. Anderson joined the Eastern Michigan staff on April 2, 2008[8] as tight ends coach before shifting to the offensive line and run game coordinator in 2009. In 2010, Eastern Michigan finished with 2,080 yards rushing. The Eagles' ground attack was extremely effective during the 2011 campaign, Eastern Michigan rushed for 2,620 yards and 16 touchdowns on 575 carries for the 14th-best ground attack in the nation. A record two-year combined total of 4,700 yards for Eastern Michigan. On January 28, 2013, Anderson joined the Buffalo Bills staff as an offensive quality control coach.[9] On January 26, 2015, it was announced that Anderson was retained and promoted to assistant offensive line coach, by newly named head coach Rex Ryan.[10] In 2015, Anderson coached the Buffalo Bills offensive line that paved the way to 2,432 yards rushing, 152 yards rushing per game, 4.8 yards per attempt, and 19 rushing touchdowns; all marks were best in the NFL on the season.[11] On January 9, 2016 Anderson was introduced as the offensive line coach at the University of Arkansas by head coach Bret Bielema.[12][13]

Wait... you're telling me that he was a DEFENSIVE quality control coach at Michigan in 2006?!?!?!?!? HOW THE HELL IS HE GOING TO COACH THE OFFENSIVE LINE!!!!!!?!?!???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This suggests to me that Arkansas's OL problems were caused by Arkansas having only 8-9 scholarhip OLmen, not Anderson's coaching.

Wait... you're telling me that he was a DEFENSIVE quality control coach at Michigan in 2006?!?!?!?!? HOW THE HELL IS HE GOING TO COACH THE OFFENSIVE LINE!!!!!!?!?!???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Out of a long list of qualifiers, there is one oddity. I suppose you are equating it to certain NU coaches that have zero or nearly zero relevant experience and then sucked.

Guess I understand why you are out of scouting.

Reactions: EvanstonCat
Out of a long list of qualifiers, there is one oddity. I suppose you are equating it to certain NU coaches that have zero or nearly zero relevant experience and then sucked.

Plus, that experience at Michigan already puts his qualifications for the role above that of his predecessor.

Actually, if all his resume said was "Automatic Tennis Ball Machine" that probably would have done it too.

Reactions: IGNORE2

(Italics = sarcasm)

The sarcasm is obvious to me, even coming from GCG.

The sarcasm is obvious to me, even coming from GCG.

I read it to be mocking the various posts questioning the qualifications of Springer and Cushing. I seem to recall (not bothering to look up)!, one or both have little to no experience related to coaching WRs and OL.

I know people here have cited this among the many reasons to replace them.

So I read gcg to be mocking those posters, which in my experience, is more in line with his personality.

So I read gcg to be mocking those posters, which in my experience, is more in line with his personality.
Mocking, mocking mocking.......

e0bdab13-3d05-4800-9615-57522b0c8661_screenshot.jpg

Ingalls has no power 5 experience!!! Only Power 5 coaches are worthy!!!

He has sure moved around a lot in a relatively short time. So he has seen many different programs and learned from many different mentors and situations, and player types. Notably successful programs and results when he was in his position. I just hope he just doesn't always get wanderlust or wear out his welcome in some way.
You can never argue that he hasn't seen success. The Eastern MI results are really impressive to me. That is a tough gig to have success in.

Only a RB can coach a RB!!!

Edited from: "Only an RB can coach an RB!!!", which is what Grammarly wants but sounds terrible.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT