ADVERTISEMENT

Another British Open rooting interest

DocCatsFan

Oct 26, 2006
INCOMING freshman Matt Fitzpatrick has qualified to play the British Open in two weeks. This kid has amazing potential and is an incredible get for Pat Goss and the golf team. He is one of the top ranked amateurs IN THE WORLD and how cool is it that he's going to have played in a major championship before he ever even tees it up in college!

Doc,

I've been reading about this kid, and he obviously has tremendous potential. Not far behind him is fellow incoming freshman Dylan Wu. Great days ahead for NU golf!

I agree. Traditionally what has held our team back is depth. You really need to go 6 deep in the college game. We've always had 1 or 2 really solid guys but a bit of a drop off after that. With the return of an All American in Jack Perry and some guys who can go low coupled with these incoming frosh kids, we could be seeing a real solid run for some national accolades next year. There is a huge difference between high school and college golf (just in terms of the courses and distances etc) so you never know for sure, but this bodes well.

I did not hear about the Wu kid! How good is he? Our recruiting in golf is sensational. We will place top ten at nationals!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT