ADVERTISEMENT

Another new Wildcat?

Likely means they have a commitment from a class of 2015 transfer. Name has not been announced, but believe it could be Jalen Brown.

I agree. I think this means Oregon Graduate Transfer Jalen Brown is on board with two years of eligibility. Huge get. He could be our top WR next season.

I agree. I think this means Oregon Graduate Transfer Jalen Brown is on board with two years of eligibility. Huge get. He could be our top WR next season.
How does that work with having 2 years left? Did he graduate in 3 years and red-shirt a year or something?

How does that work with having 2 years left? Did he graduate in 3 years and red-shirt a year or something?

Yes. On top of that he was an early enrollee. He will graduate from Oregon this June and will have two years of eligibility while enrolled in grad school at NU. Trey Klock, a graduate transfer from Georgia Tech that is considering us, is in exactly the same boat.

Yes. On top of that he was an early enrollee. He will graduate from Oregon this June and will have two years of eligibility while enrolled in grad school at NU. Trey Klock, a graduate transfer from Georgia Tech that is considering us, is in exactly the same boat.
Wow - talk about over achievers. Good for them.

Is it a done deal that it's Jalen Brown, or are people just speculating on that right now?

Interesting to see that Jalen Brown was offered by the 'Cats the first time around when he was in high school. Goes to show that even if the coaching staff doesn't get a player to commit to their program, they might have a chance to get him a few years later as a graduate transfer. We'll probably continue to see more kids that NU initially offered commit to the program later as graduate transfers because NU generally targets smart kids who have a higher probability of going to grad school and the university has outstanding grad programs. Just need to stay positive with these kids even when they don't commit and it could pay off in the future.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
His resume coming out of high school was quite impressive: 4-star recruit, US Army All-American, Gatorade Player of the Year in Arizona as a junior, #3 ranked prospect in Arizona, #12 receiver in the country, Rivals 100, ESPN 300.

Enrolled early as a freshman but apparently injured his back. Then played as RS FR and Soph, with mixed success. Could be our top receiver the next two years, though Nagel and co. might have something to say about that.

Anyways, an excellent pickup by the Cats.

Interesting to see that Jalen Brown was offered by the 'Cats the first time around when he was in high school. Goes to show that even if the coaching staff doesn't get a player to commit to their program, they might have a chance to get him a few years later as a graduate transfer. We'll probably continue to see more kids that NU initially offered commit to the program later as graduate transfers because NU generally targets smart kids who have a higher probability of going to grad school and the university has outstanding grad programs. Just need to stay positive with these kids even when they don't commit and it could pay off in the future.

This is a great point. One sometimes ignored by posters when NU is ( initially ) spurned. The old KISS adage -- Keep It Sanguine Stupid

Reactions: NUCat320
Does that mean he doesn't have to sit out?

Correct. He looks like a really good replacement for Carr. He is supposed to have great hands and run good routes. Not a burner but likely faster than Carr.

Too bad he has to go to school at Oregon until June to get his undergrad degree. He'll miss spring practice. Maybe they can send one of the tennis ball machines out to him.

His resume coming out of high school was quite impressive: 4-star recruit, US Army All-American, Gatorade Player of the Year in Arizona as a junior, #3 ranked prospect in Arizona, #12 receiver in the country, Rivals 100, ESPN 300.

Enrolled early as a freshman but apparently injured his back. Then played as RS FR and Soph, with mixed success. Could be our top receiver the next two years, though Nagel and co. might have something to say about that.

Anyways, an excellent pickup by the Cats.
Is he similar to what we saw with Prater? To rated recruit that had mixed performance at first school? Was he dinged up his RSF and RSS years as he was listed in only 13 games.

Does that mean he doesn't have to sit out?

No he does not. He will play for NU next fall and I think he will likely be our top receiver. Plenty Fast, good routes, good hands and also was told he is a very good blocker.

Is he similar to what we saw with Prater? To rated recruit that had mixed performance at first school? Was he dinged up his RSF and RSS years as he was listed in only 13 games.

Last year, he had the 6th most receptions, but the highest yards/catch at 16.7 to go with 3 TDs on just 19 catches. Like his apparent ability to stretch the field. He was the youngest receiver to play, the guys ahead of him were Juniors and Seniors.

I wonder how he will stay fit for the next 6 months - I'm sure he won't have access to the UO football training facilities, trainers and training table anymore.

Although, I bet Oregon's student gym is probably nicer than NU's current athletic facilities!

I wonder how he will stay fit for the next 6 months - I'm sure he won't have access to the UO football training facilities, trainers and training table anymore.

Although, I bet Oregon's student gym is probably nicer than NU's current athletic facilities!

My guess is that he will have access. He is graduating and leaving on good terms. I doubt Oregon would want to risk its reputation with its players and future recruits just to get back at Brown for leaving.

My guess is that he will have access. He is graduating and leaving on good terms. I doubt Oregon would want to risk its reputation with its players and future recruits just to get back at Brown for leaving.

Doubtful that's the case.

I'll point out that this was discussed over two weeks ago on The Rock, when Lou broke the story that Brown and another potential grad transfer visited. Lots of good stories, discussion and scoops over there.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat

I have been on campus several times and can attest the athletics facilities are second to none. The new basketball arena is incredible. Just shows the impact a billionaire can have underwriting athletics.

My nephew is a U of Oregon grad and he and his wife live nearby in Springfield. Fun college town and great game day atmosphere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT