ADVERTISEMENT

Another QB fail. Now what?

If I was setting a betting line, I'd put the over/under at 8.5. I'm an optimist.

I think that’s a good number. Curious as to why you’re taking veiled shots at the staff implying they haven’t received any commits from transfers as of yet? They are obviously working hard behind the scenes.

I think that’s a good number. Curious as to why you’re taking veiled shots at the staff implying they haven’t received any commits from transfers as of yet? They are obviously working hard behind the scenes.
I think the lesson from Meredith, Turner and Smith, and the sport generally is that nothing's done until it's done. Lock it up immediately.

I'm taking shots because he made a terrible DC hire and just went 3-9 (1-8) having never looked worse. This was a terrible season and a lot needs to be done, so I'm not just going to assume it's getting fixed.

Reactions: drewjin
$400-500k??
It’s what $80k a year right? So if he stays for 5 years it’s $400k at current (inflated) prices.

And say he eats a lot and gets thr unlimited snacks at the Taj MahFitz. I bet he could eat a significant amount for free. So let’s just round up to $500k to try and lans more recruits. Deal?

I think the lesson from Meredith, Turner and Smith, and the sport generally is that nothing's done until it's done. Lock it up immediately.

I'm taking shots because he made a terrible DC hire and just went 3-9 (1-8) having never looked worse. This was a terrible season and a lot needs to be done, so I'm not just going to assume it's getting fixed.

So nothing to do with our handling of bringing in transfers…got it.

So nothing to do with our handling of bringing in transfers…got it.
No, you don't get it since a lack of formally committed transfers is my first point. You're saying they've received private commitments, that for whatever reason, have remained private. I'm saying that assumption isn't good enough.

No, you don't get it since a lack of formally committed transfers is my first point. You're saying they've received private commitments, that for whatever reason, have remained private. I'm saying that assumption isn't good enough.

Not at all. No private commitments. Still doing their due diligence. Don’t worry, we’ll be fine on the transfer front. Concentrate your efforts on taking shots at the HC and DC.

Nothing is getting fixed because nothing changed. Not just losses but wasnt even close.

Reactions: drewjin
Flexbone is too modern.
Wishbone.

Minitron.
Porter behind Minitron.
Clair and Hull the deep guys.

If I keep writing it, maybe it’ll happen.
We should call it the Nebraska I form triple option. The real NU going to national greatness with their offense while they continue to fail to bring the 80s and 90s back will really kick them in the teeth.

• Love
Reactions: NUCat320
Not at all. No private commitments. Still doing their due diligence. Don’t worry, we’ll be fine on the transfer front. Concentrate your efforts on taking shots at the HC and DC.

I was not worried about the transfer portal last year, coming off a Big Ten West title. I was even among those urging people not to freak out about players like Leota hitting the portal.

I think people are well within their rights to be concerned that a 3-9 season in which NU was largely uncompetitive might make it tougher to attract top transfer targets who want to both be a starter and be part of a winning program (like Robinson).

We will see.

I was not worried about the transfer portal last year, coming off a Big Ten West title. I was even among those urging people not to freak out about players like Leota hitting the portal.

I think people are well within their rights to be concerned that a 3-9 season in which NU was largely uncompetitive might make it tougher to attract top transfer targets who want to both be a starter and be part of a winning program (like Robinson).

We will see.
Counterpoint: some guys will see a recently good program that has lots of holes in the lineup and needs a bounce back and see that as an opportunity to come in and play for sure.
(Obviously winning more is better, but we should look at the class this year, which is basically totally stable with the class last year and recognize the thinking of recruits is never linear and very often entirely different than we might think or from each other).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT